17

Rhian bit gluttonously into his meal. After the dream he had with Lilith a good meal was much needed.

"Easy there butterfly" chuckled Cain "If you keep eating like that, you might start sprouting fur."

Rhian froze in embarrassment. He had been so busy devouring his meal that he forgot about his manners and most importantly that Cain was present.

"You'd like that, wouldn't you?" said a winking Rhian.

Cain smirked in response. He loved that his mate and himself had a playful relationship. Actually he was glad that they had a relationship at all.

Cain could see that something was bothering his mate, he had never seen his mate eat so ferociously before.

"Butterfly are you alright?" asked a concerned Cain.

Rhian weakly smiled and answered "Well..."

"Well...?"

"I had a dream." admitted Rhian "But it wasn't like any other dream, in this dream Lilith was there and we had a confrontation."

"Are you sure it was a dream?" questioned Cain "Do you think she may have truly confronted you last night?"

"I don't know. Anything is possible when it comes to Lilith so I wouldn't be surprised if all that happened is real." replied Rhian softly.

Cain leaned back, crossing his arms over his chest, "You know butterfly you really need to tell me more about this Lilith. She sounds quite nasty from what I have heard."

"Believe me Cain, nasty is not even a good enough word to describe her. She's the most cruel thing to ever exist.

When we first met she appeared to be as fragile as a flower. She was beautiful, kind, a good listener and she was loyal...or so I thought. She used to be my confidant, my most trusted friend until she showed her true colours.

One night we were dining among the clouds as usual but after having dessert my wings started to fade. I panicked and asked Lilith what was happening to me since she prepared the dessert. She laughed and said that she used a blood lilac, a poisonous flower to erase my magic. The flower itself is has been rumoured to have magic erasing properties so to see it work devastated me. Once my wings were gone, she told me about how she was going to destroy us fairies and then she banished me." revealed Rhian.

Suddenly something clicked in Cain's mind.

"That's why you stole that flower, its a blood lilac isn't it." asked Cain.

Rhian nodded in response.

Cain lengthened one claw, gently stroking Rhian's right hand as he said "Well Butterfly you've got another weapon to use against her."

He then placed his hand on Rhian's cheek and softly said "And love don't worry, we will obliterate her. Any enemy of yours is an enemy of mine."

After their meals the lovers returned to bed. Cain  held Rhian in his arms, the fae was nestled protectively into Cain's chest,deep in slumber.

Cain enjoyed this intimate moment with his mate. He always made sure to treasure every moment in life.

( The Next Day)

Like missiles fired, two bullets rocketed through the atmosphere into Cain's pack lands. The bullets were expected this time around so the welcome would be much friendlier.

The bullets were in fact Warrior Diana and Keeper Zario. The fairies were visiting the wolves in order to give Rhian and his mate passage the world of fairies.

The fairies descended onto the pack grounds, concealing their wings and shifting to human size as they landed.

In the greenery, Rhian and his Alpha wolf stood awaiting the pair of fairies. When the saw the pair, they walked up to them.

"Diana, Zario." said Rhian extending open arms as if he were still a Royal visiting them for diplomatic purposes.

Diana welcomed the hug and so did Zario. 

"Are you ready my Prince." asked Zario.

A tinge of jealousy latched onto Cain. He did not like Zario calling Rhian 'My Prince' Rhian was HIS and no one else's.

Cain coughed to let his presence be known.

"Its great to see you again fairies." greeted Cain.

The pair nodded. Zario then said "Alright so the stars have officially aligned which means we need to get moving with the plan. So I'm going to portal us to the Realm and from there we'll fly to the vault of keepers and literature. Got it?"

Rhian and Cain agreed in unison.

"Ok we better be on our way. Time is a luxury we do not have." said Diana, finally entering the conversation.

Zario rotated his arms in a clockwise and anticlockwise manner, his biceps and forearms flexing as he did so, then at swift speed he flicked open his wrists, shooting a stream of creamy gold power.

The power circulated until it converged into a portal.

"Alright. Let's go." said Zario who then jumped through the floating pool of magic.

Diana gracefully flew through the portal.

Rhian laced his fingers with Cain's.

"Together."

"Always." answered Cain.

The lovers then sprinted into the portal. A strong gust of wind fanned the couple as they flew through the portal. In a matter of seconds a gorgeous island appeared before their eyes. The landscape was a kaleidoscope of color. Each colour created a patch work effect, evident of the differing vaults. Some patches had acres of forests, others had great buildings and castles but the magic of this world was clearly felt even from the sky.

For Rhian, this was home but for Cain this scenery was straight out of a fairy tale.

"Beautiful isn't." said Zario who now flew beside Cain.

"Yes but, how are my mate and I going to fly. We don't have wings you know." asked Cain who was still in awe at this world.

Zario whistled out, instantly orbs of blue sped out of the Island. The orbs flew straight to the couple, circling them, leaving in their wake trails of sparkles.

"Hey the wisps are still here." gleefully said Rhian.

"They would never leave Rhian." said Zario looking at Rhian, he then faced Cain and said "The wisps' trails will allow you to fly."

Cain nodded. He was definitely far away from home.