13

Rhian looked at the world from his bedroom window. The morning was breath taking. The sun illuminated the dew into sparkling diamonds, the smell of crispy cool air wafted through the atmosphere and the flora were damp with  morning mist.

Although mornings in the fairy realm were magical and heavenly, Rhian much preferred mornings on Earth. Truth be told Earth seemed to grow on him recently, the more time he spent here the more harder it was for him to think about leaving.

Leaving was a thought that froze his mind over. All this time he wanted to leave. All he ever wanted to do was to sprout wings and fly away but now, everything had changed.

Well maybe it wasn't Earth itself but someone on Earth that grounded him. A certain grey eyed Alpha was a good reason to stay. The pair had been on frequent dates and Rhian found himself becoming more and more smitten with the Alpha each and every day.

He was just so amazing. He was always caring and protective, he'd dot on the fae every day. He always fawned over his mate ensuring that he was always happy and loved although Rhian only experienced Cain's gentler side but he also knew that Alpha was cold and brutal as he was gentle.

He observed Cain's interactions with his pack  "The Silver moon" pack, pack members respected him but they also feared him and Rhian knew why. He remembered his time in the cells, specifically when Cain roughed him up and interrogated him. Rhian may have only experienced a fraction of the ferocious Cain but he knew that some poor soul experienced his full wraith so him being feared was to be expected.

Cain may have been feared but he never  disrespected his pack. He always put their best interests at heart even if it meant ruling with an iron fist and Rhian could understand this after all the wolves were nothing like glitter winged fairies.

Knock knock.

The all-too-familiar knock sounded at the door. Rhian knew exactly who was waiting for him on the other side. He unlocked the door to find his smiling Alpha.

Cain grinned like a lark at the sight of his mate. As per morning ritual he held a cup of coffee in one hand and a plate of biscuits in the other.

"Morning butterfly" greeted the wolf in a gruff  voice "How did you sleep?"

Rhian blushed at Cain calling him 'Butterfly'. Rhian just couldn't get enough of the pet name Cain bestowed on him. He loved having such a pet name, it felt as though Cain laid his claim by branding him with this name.

"I slept well and yourself." answered Rhian who let the wolf in.

Cain placed the coffee and biscuits on the study table, then turned around and casually replied "I slept well. Although...it would have been better if you were laying next to me, preferably in my arms. Just saying."

Rhian chuckled at Cain's response. The Alpha was still persistent about Rhian not sharing a room with him so Rhian was used to Cain making revelations like this.

Rhian then shyly smiled and asked "How about I sleepover tonight?"

Cain raised his eyebrow and said "I'm sorry love could you say that again? I didn't quite hear you."

Rhian rolled his eyes, responding "Can I sleep in your room tonight?"

The Alpha lips etched into a huge grin. He effortlessly scooped up the fae into his arms, twirling him in the air, as he excitedly exclaimed "FINALLY!!!! THANK THE HEAVENS! I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO HAVE TO BEWITCH YOU TO GET YOU INTO MY ROOM."

He then set Rhian down, after which he pulled the fae into his arms, as he nuzzled his short hair,the Alpha whispered "You have no idea how much this means to me."