27

The battle raged on. Serpents hissed as they charged forward, the fairies never lost momentum in their fight, this was a war unlike any other.

Good VS Evil was the perfect phrase to describe it.

As the fairies fought, their world materialized its residents emotions via weather, at the moment the clouds were dark grey almost black with blocked sunlight illuminating the background.

As the fairies battled the serpents, they began to tire however fatigue would never claim them. Whenever they felt like giving up, the words of their Prince echoed through their minds :

WE WILL NOT SUBMIT TO HER!!!

These words reignited the spark in them. They adored their Prince and they would rather cut off their wings than fail him

And so the battle went on.

While the fairies fought the snakes, there was another battle occurring far away but unlike the war this battle simply had 2 participants and it was

Rhian VS Lilith

Rhian found himself on the cloudy ground, bound by enchanted chains, as he struggled to break free he looked up at his floating adversary and said "You know using magic against a fae in battle is unfair. I mean why would you ever want to win the crooked way."

Lilith pondered over Rhian's words, although she hated to admit it, he was right. Her goal was to eliminate him and lord knows she wanted to do it right.

The fairy of snakes waved her hand causing the chains bounding Rhian to fade away. She then said to her enemy "As much as I hate to say it but you do have point. If I'm going to kill you I am going to do it the proper way."

With those words Rhian charged toward Lilith and punched the right side of her face.

As her right cheek burned she rubbed it, saying "Damn it!"

Rhian smirked and said "Cain always said that if you're gonna punch, you gotta do it right."

Lilith then bolted, her clenched fist aiming for Rhian's abdomen.

"Ooof. That must have hurt. Are you ok little one?" mocked Lilith

As much as that attack hurt, he kept his pain concealed, he knew that in combat one must never show weakness.

"Seriously? Was that the best you can do?" said a lying Rhian who currently felt nauseous.

Rhian then got up and glared Lilith down. He swung his fists at her, to which she blocked, he then kicked her martial arts style.

The pair kicked, punched, lunged and fought hand to hand passionately. His fight was fuelled by the idea of liberating his people from her whilst her fight drew life from fear of failing...him.

As the two effortlessly engaged in their combat, neither party refusing to give up, they had no clue of the pair of figures of watching them.

Although they both were observing the fight, neither individual saw each other, like parallel lines they never met.

Like soccer fans they each supported a team. One supported the Fae whilst the other supported Lilith but unlike the supporter of Lilith, the fan of the fae had a heavy heart.

A difficult choice weighed on his mind. The choice in question would hurt the one he loved but if he went through with it, it would keep them together forever.

As the Alpha watched his mate and villainous Lilith combat, he knew that he had to make a decision and he had to make on fast.

Lilith finally had Rhian where she wanted him. After an intense fight, the fae had now grown exhausted and he now lay on the floor panting like a dog on a hot summer day.