➻Nine

I laid in bed silently.

Were the members truly taking me to the police?

Yoongi had walked out of the living room after he'd told the members his plans. I'd quickly followed his suit when the silence in the room became unbearable, as the members said nothing.

The rest of the day I'd locked myself in my room; not coming out even when Namjoon had knocked on my door and asked if I was hungry for dinner.

It was what ought to be done in such a situation as mine. The police were trained to figure out mysteries and prepare for the unexpected, right? They would try and help me get back home.

Something told me, however strange 2018 was for me, that meeting a girl that was supposed to be living 158 years ago would not exactly go over well.

Finally, I could no longer bear the growing tension in my chest and I quietly slipped out of bed. The clock read 2:35 AM. The whole dorm was quiet and I peeked out the door of the bedroom. The hallway was dark.

I was ashamed to feel hunger gnaw at my stomach in revenge for skipping dinner because of my pride.

Perhaps I could sneak into the kitchen and snag some food from the counter. I'd seen a basket of fresh fruit sitting on the counter during lunchtime. I assured myself that I was not stealing from the members as I crept down the hall towards the kitchen.

The big living room and kitchen were dark and I tip toed my way towards the counter.

Suddenly the kitchen lights flipped on, blinding me temporarily. I was still not used to such bright, electric lights compared to the small gaslights we used at my house.

"Ah-hah! Caught you, you sneaky little- oh, Abigail."

I stared, stunned, at Jin who stood in loose grey pants and a sleeveless black shirt that exposed his shoulders and muscular arms. By now, it wasn't the exposed skin that scared me as much as Jin looming in front of me two hours past midnight with a frying pan held over his head.

"I, uh," I was lost for words.

Jin slowly, sheepishly lowered the frying pan. "I'm sorry Miss Abigail for startling you. I was on look out for Jungkook in case he tried to break more of my kitchen utensils," he said slowly.

I gulped. "Ah, I see," I stammered. What was Jin planning to do if I was Jungkook? Hit me over the head with the pan?

My stomach suddenly growled, causing my face to flame up in embarrassment and shame.

Jin blinked in surprise before realization dawned on him. "You didn't eat dinner did you?"

I shook my head. "It's shameful of me but it's alright. I ought to be hungry until morning since it's a good lesson-"

"I'll warm up some leftover food from dinner," Jin interrupted and headed into the kitchen. "No one goes hungry under my watch."

I opened my mouth to protest but my cursed stomach only growled louder at the prospect of food.

"Sit down," Jin motioned to the counter as he opened a tall box on the side of the wall and took out some food. I'd learned that the proper name for it was 'refrigerator' and was similar to an icebox.

"Mister Jin-"

"Please call me Jin oppa," Jin said quickly. "It sounds much more natural."

"Okay, then Jin oppa," I said, wondering if I ought to call all the boys 'oppa' since Taehyung asked me to call him that as well. "I want to thank you for covering for my behalf earlier. I hope it won't get you in trouble."