➻Twenty-eight

"So."

"So."

"Okay."

"Yeah."

BTS members sat around the hotel room in silence. It had been a day since Kiri's departure and they'd been busy all day talking to media and with their own staff about all the nasty rumors. Now, it was the night before departure to Chicago and they were all sprawled around the room wearily.

No one knew what exactly to say.

"So," Jimin said.

"We already said that," Jungkook replied.

"Chicago tomorrow," Hoseok glanced over to me. "You said that was your home city right?"

I nodded.

"How you feeling about it?"

"Nervous," I said truthfully.

Hoseok nodded. "This is going to be the best shot you've got to see what it might take to get you back home."

Home.

I'd been thinking less and less of home. I didn't get as homesick anymore, especially with the guys around to preoccupy my mind.

Since when had I stopped calling the members 'young men' and referred to them as 'guys' and 'boys' in my head?

I'd also gotten use to wearing pants and shirts, though I still was hesitant to wear shorts and t-shirts in broad daylight. Especially after the last time I'd worn such loose clothes, I wound up kissing a guy.

Must be the curse of revealing clothes or something.

"Can we agree, though, when Abby goes to the museum in Chicago or whatever, or whenever Abby goes anywhere, that we can get through without an incident please?" Yoongi looked over at us. "Like, Jin and Abby just made up- I assume- and Kiri's back in Korea. Let's all agree not to run into any other problems."

"The staff is back to releasing us with basically no supervision," Taehyung added brightly. "We can have at least one member accompany Abby wherever she goes."

"Make that two," Jimin said wisely. "Otherwise people are going to question why we're wandering around by ourselves so much."

"And no going out past nine," Yoongi stressed at me. "Every time you go out after dark, stuff happens."

"And if you feel like you're being followed, report to us immediately and we'll get back to the hotel and safety as soon as possible," Namjoon added.

"Someone asks you anything don't answer, just be polite and walk away," Jin pitched in.

"Whoa, you guys!" I threw my hands in the air a little. "Geez, what is with all these rules bombarding me, huh?"

The members all looked at each other.

"We're just trying to ensure you don't get kidnapped to Neverland or something," Taehyung muttered under his breath.

"Neverland?" My brows furrowed.

"You know, story of Peter Pan the flying kid who never grows old?" Taehyung prompted.

"An immortal flying kid named Heating Pan?"

"This is going nowhere," Yoongi face palmed himself. "People, we need to stop trying to give her pop references."

"Like referring to Fifty Shades of Grey?" Jimin smirked.

"Yo, how do you know that movie?" Jin shot Jimin a dark glance. "That's in English, first of all, second of all-"

"Oh like you're more innocent than me! The fact that you even know the movie is telling me enough," Jimin snorted. "Besides, I used Korean subtitles."