➻Twenty-four

I woke up to a slight rustle.

The spot where Taehyung had been holding me securely during the night was now empty, cold, and bare.

I looked up blearily to see Jimin tip toing around. When he saw me awake though, he stopped and shot me a guilty, but sweet smile. "Sorry, I was trying not to wake you up."

"It's fine" I yawned. "What time is it?"

"10 AM about." Jimin looked at me earnestly. "Are you okay? I mean, obviously you're not okay, but you know what I mean."

"Yes, thank you so much to all of you young men," I gave a weak smile. "I don't know where I'd be if you guys hadn't shown up."

"Yeah, we were really concerned when you'd been gone for so long and then Jin hyung showed up saying you ran away and we...." Jimin trailed off as I looked away. "Anyways, Taehyung and Jungkook insisted finding you and since our staff was asleep by then, we all headed out together."

"Where is Taehyung?" I looked around.

"He's out strangling Hoseok for accidentally spilling orange juice on his Gucci shirt during breakfast," Jimin said cheerfully. Then he grew serious again. "But Abby, about Jin hyung. It's not what you think. If you would just listen to him-"

"I'm going to take a shower," I interrupted.

Jimin sighed. "Okay. Oh, and by the way, if you see Jungkook, tell him to give me back my underwear."

I blinked several times at the strange request. "Ok, um, I'll remember to."

Jimin snatched his luggage and started rolling it out of the room just as Taehyung entered.

"Where's Hoseok?" Jimin asked.

"Plan the funeral, Jiminie," Taehyung grinned, seemingly back to his usual cheerfulness. "And let all of BigHit know that the sun is dead!"

"Okay, seriously, Taehyung, where's Hoseok?" Jimin rolled his eyes.

"Packing his bags, where else?" Taehyung snorted and then looked up at me. "Ah, Abby, I brought your backpack," he held up my backpack.

"Thanks," I beamed.

"Jimin." My heart leapt to my throat as Jin appeared in the doorway. "Have you seen my-?"

"Bye guys!" Jimin chirped and practically barreling into Jin, dragging his luggage behind him, and quickly shutting the door behind him.

The day passed by fairly slowly as everyone came in and out packing and asking each other where or for certain items were. Jimin eventually got his underwear back and was the first to finish packing. He'd begun to teach me a game called Slapjack.

Taehyung and Hoseok had finished packing next and joined the game.

My hand had scabbed over, but it was still sore, so I soon just content myself to watching them play with each other.

The moment I pulled out it was like I'd pulled a trigger. Before, the young men had quickly but gently hit the deck of cards, but often were a bit slow, letting me win the cards. But when I was gone, they began to smack the cards mercilessly and sometimes slapping each other's hands really hard.

It was a bit of a terrifying game.

Finally, evening came and everyone ate dinner before heading to bed for tomorrow's airport adventure.