Chapter 1: The Rumor

"Lily, come on, we're going to be late." Mina,my roommate,was hurrying me.

"LILY!" she screams.

"Coming" I groan.

I come out of my room, in my uniform,with my hair down like usual, and my black, overly-decorated bag hanging on my shoulder. Mina's angry, you can tell. Her hands are on her hips and she was tapping one foot on the floor.

"What were you doing?" she asks, angrily.

"Getting ready, why?" I reply.

"Because we're 5 minutes late!" she yells angrily.

"Yeah, late to breakfast." I said.

What does being late have to do with anything?

We live in our dorms until we graduate from 'high school'. All of my friends are in the same grade. We're all in our third year, or 'junior year', which means one more year until we got out of this hellhole. Well, we still have college...

Anyways, while we're walking to cafeteria, we stop by Allie's dorm because she seems to not be able to wake up early without someone yanking her out of bed.

So, we knock on the door and as expected, no response. Her roommate well, transferred to another dorm because Allie was too 'weird'. Well, in my opinion, that is the stupidest complaint ever! Everyone's weird here. We knock again but still no response so to make things easier, I kick the door open and walk in.

"Allie, get your ass up and get ready to go down to  breakfast." I said.

"It's too early! Come back in three hours." Allie replies.

"You heard her, let's go" I say, heading for the door.

"LILY! Get her up! If she's late again she's going to get in trouble." Mina says, irritated.

I let out an exaggerate sigh, roll my eyes and say,

"Fine."

So, I walked into Allie's room, went to her closet, find her uniform, put it on her desk, get her bag, put that on her desk chair, get Allie by the arm, and yank her out of her bed. Allie lets out a yelp as she falls to the floor.

"I said come back in three hours!!" she exclaims, rubbing her bottom.

"It's Monday." I say. It was like a magic word. Allie shot up from the floor , rushed to her desk, as she saw all of her stuff set up there, puts on her uniform and brushes out her hair. This whole time she aimlessly passes her shoes; but makes to grab a pair of socks and rushes for the door.

"Okay, let's go" she says.

"Your shoes." I point out.

"DAMN IT!" she yells.

She went to find her shoes, put them on, then heads for the door once again with Mina and I following her.

"So, did you guys study for the test in Trans?" Mina asks.

"We have a test!?" Allie and I exclaim in unison, and in confusion.

She sighs. "I'll let you guys borrow my notes during breakfast." Mina says, irritably.

"Where's the rest of the gang anyways?" asks Allie.

"At breakfast already. We could've met up with them if you two got up more early." grumbles Mina.

"Well sorry. 'Early' isn't our thing." I reply

Mina just rolls her eyes and didn't talk the rest of the way there.

While we were walking though, this group of girls passes us but, I notice that when they saw me, they started pointing at me and turned to one another, whispering rapidly.

The only thing I'm able to comprehend from all the mumbling is,

' I heard that Lucas and her are...'. And  I knew what the last word was.

"Dating..." I muttered.

I stopped in my tracks.

"What?" asked Mina.

"N-Nothing. Let's go" I said.

I ignored everyone during breakfast and Biology. In Trans, I snapped out of the spell I was put in, suddenly remembering about the test.

I forgot to look at Mina's notes.

I let out a whispered 'shit' as my neighbor passed me the test.

I took the test, obviously struggling, until I finished, turned it in and excuse myself.

I decided to skip Mythology and Latin and ask Mina, Mark, and Lukas to take notes for me. I would've asked Allie or Katy but Katy doesn't have those classes and Allie almost never takes notes. The only time I've seen her takes notes is in Astronomy, but even then those notes are to a minimum. I usually takes notes, but mainly when exams are near.

I stay in my room for the rest of the day, staring at the ceiling, laying down on my bed, thinking on how people started thinking that Lukas and I are dating. I mean, we are REALLY good friends but dating! It's insane.

But, the real question is: who started it?