Chapter 2: The Letter

The next day, I told Allie, Mina, and Katie what I heard yesterday.

" Maybe they were going to say good friends" Katie suggested.

I'm copying the notes I asked Mina, Lukas, and Mark to write for me.

" Or best friends" Allie adds in.

"But everyone thinks that we make a cute couple." I say in return.

Why are people saying this? Why are Lukas and I the victim? Sure, we hang out a lot and I've known him my whole life, but that doesn't mean anything...does it? I mean, Allie and Mark make a cute couple. Why not target them? Damn, now I feel bad for even suggesting it.

"Besides, does it really matter what people say about you and Lukas?" asks Mina. "Of course it matters! People are going to start talking about it! I don't need drama in my life" I reply, shocked that Mina doesn't have a care in the world about the situation.

A couple of minutes pass, there's a knock at the door.

"I'll get it." Allie offers.

She practically skips to the door and opens it, greeting the person on the other side cheerily.I can't see who it is or even hear what they're talking about but I can slowly hear Allie's tone begin to change.

Another minute or so passed by when she finally came back. " It's for you, Lily." she says. She sounded serious.

"Who is it?" I ask.

"Alice."she replies rather quickly.

Everyone goes silent. I get up and head to the door. I can feel their eyes following me.

" Hey" I greet.

"Hello, I've got a message from your brother." Alice says, straight to the point.

She had her blonde hair down and her normal blue dress.

Oh, okay." I say, slowly.

She gives me an envelope. It's been months since he's written to me.

"What is it about?" I ask.

"All he said is that it was urgent. Nothing more, nothing less. " she returns.

Urgent? This has never happened before. I take the envelope.

"I must get back now. Bye-Bye" she finishes.

"Bye" I say, not looking away from the letter. I doubt she heard me. I go back inside and sit down with my friends and just stare at the envelope.

"What is it about?" questions Katie.

"I don't know," I transfer the letter between my hands out of nervousness. "All she said is that it was urgent." I respond.

What is urgent about it? I open it up.

It read:

Dear Lily,

I need you to do something for me. It's important. I need you to come through the rabbit hole. But not alone. I need your friends to come as well. I need you to bring the one from the Ice family. From the Fox family. From the Rabbit family. And, the two from the Wolf family. Once you get in, I'll explain everything to you. I know you can't get in for some reason but I'm hopeful that it will work this time. Please hurry.

Sincerely,

Your brother.

He wants me to go where?!

"What is it about?" asked Mina.

"It doesn't say much, but he needs all of us... to go down the rabbit hole." I say with a low voice.

No one spoke. I could see complete shock in all of their faces. I read the letter to them aloud so they can understand what I mean.

"Wait, does this mean you have to tell Lukas the truth."Allie says.

I didn't think of that. How am I suppose to tell him that I'm fucking crazy? He knows I'm part witch but he doesn't know I have a high chance of going insane. He doesn't know I'm already going bonkers. Will he accept me? Will he reject me?

"H..How?" I frantically ask.

"How what?" Mina replies, oblivious.

"How am I suppose to tell him about this when he doesn't know the truth?" I ask, beginning to panic. 

I can feel myself on the verge of tears. I don't now why. Was it because I was scared that he will reject me? I felt a tear roll down my cheek. "Oh Lily..." said Katie. She put her arm around me and Mina patted my shoulder, weakly.

"I'm going to call Mark over." said Allie.

She got up and left the room to make the call.

A few minutes later, there's another knock on the door.

"I'll get it" I say this time.

I get up and open the door.

" Hey," he begins. "Allie told me what happened."

I couldn't look him in the eye, so all I did was nod. I hate this. I hate being vulnerable.

"Well... come in." I mumble.

He probably didn't hear me but got the message when I gesture inside. We walk together in silence to the group sitting on the floor.

"Hey guys." he greets. I move and sit next to Allie.

"When should I tell him?" I say finally, after a long moment of silence.

"Wait, are you actually going to tell him?" says Mina, in shock.

"He's going to figure it out eventually," I begin to fumble with hem of my shirt. "Why not tell him now since we're in this situation already?"

Everyone stays silent, thinking of what to do. Well, everyone except Mina. She doesn't seem to give two shits at this point. We stay silent until a voice breaks the air.

"Do it tomorrow, so you have time to think about how you're going to tell him." Mark advices.

I think about the idea, and come to a conclusion.

"Okay," I say with some confidence.  "I'll tell him tomorrow."