Chapter 7

He sat in a car outside of her father's house. He had seen Detective Bradley go in and an hour later, he had still not come out. His hands gripped the steering wheel with white knuckles.
************************************

Michelle and Detective Bradley abandoned reading the notes after about the twentieth one said the same thing over and over again.

Michelle offered to make Detective Bradley a drink and he surprisingly accepted. They sat and talked for a couple of hours and Michelle was surprisingly starting to like Detective Bradley despite his previous accusations against her.

Detective Bradley's phone rang and he picked it up. He listened intently, sounding concerned.

"Ok, yes I will be right over."

He hung up the phone.

"Apparently there is an important case I need to check out at the station. Thanks for the drink and let me know if you find anything else out."

He quickly exited the house. She watched as he left and then closed the door.

Within a minute later, the doorbell rang. She laughed to herself. What did he forget?

She opened the door with a smirk.

"What did you forge....."

Her smirk died as she realized it was Detective Hank.

"You just missed Detective Bradley. He went back to the station."

"I was actually going to see if I could catch you alone. Detective Bradley puts me in the backseat when I am alongside him, so I wondered if I could ask you a couple questions myself."

"Sorry, I am really tired right now. Come back tomorrow and..."

He cut her off.

"It won't take long. I promise."

With slight hesitation, she opened the door.

He stepped inside and looked around.

"Nice and cozy."

Michelle led him to the living room and asked him to sit.

"Well, what did you want to ask me?"

"Were you and your father close?"

"On certain days, yes."

Detective Hank fidgeted with his ID badge. She glanced at the name printed on it.

"Detective Hank Viscero"

He was about to ask another question when she cut him off.

"If you will excuse me, I need to go to the bathroom real quick."

She ran into her father's bedroom and locked the door.

She then pulled out the box of letters. All of them were signed HV. Who else could it be?

She pulled her phone out of her back pocket and tried to dial Detective Bradley. The call went straight to voicemail.

She had to act normal. Maybe he would just ask her a couple questions and leave. She grabbed a small razor out of the bathroom and put it in her pocket. Just in case.

She washed her hands to act like she had been in the bathroom and then walked out to the living room.

He was still sitting there but in his hands he held the picture that was from the evidence. The one of her and her friends.

She decided to just go for it and ask him about everything she knew. She was tired of waiting for answers.

"Where did you get that picture?"

"It was in between the couch. I felt something when I sat down and decided to see what it was."

"Don't lie to me. That picture was from the evidence."

"I am not quite sure what you are talking about."

"I know about the letters, Hank Viscero."

Detective Hank tensed up.

"What letters Michelle?"

"Please, don't waste my time playing dumb. You have been stalking me and you have my dad. I know you do."

Hank got up slowly and started to walk over to Michelle.

"Stay away from me."

He kept coming closer.

Michelle ran for the front door.

She had her hand on the lock when she felt something being stabbed in her neck.

She crumpled to the floor. Her body was temporarily paralyzed. She watched as Hank stood over her with a smirk on his face. And that was the last thing she remembered before she went under.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Just hold on a little bit longer. It is about to start getting intense.

Also thanks for taking the time to read this. This is my first story so I am kinda new at this.

Please let me know if I am doing ok.

Thanks