Chapter 12

Michelle watched in horror as the life drained out of her father's face. She couldn't control the tears that poured down her face like a waterfall. She held her father's hand and kissed it like she had just a few minutes ago. Now it was lifeless.

Hank grabbed her around her waist and pulled her towards the door. She screamed and kicked like she never had before. She was finally able to get out of his grasp and she ran back over to him.

"You killed him!"

Michelle screamed bloody murder.

Hank came back over and grabbed her again.

"No! Don't ever touch me again!"

Hank grew angry at her words.

He pulled out a small needle to sedate her.

She realized what he was going to do and ran as fast as she could out the door.

"Michelle! Come back here right now! Bradley, help me!"

Michelle had little energy, but she used all of it to try and escape.

She ran down hallway after hallway.

It was just a big circle. She tried all the doors, but they were locked.

Hank wasn't behind her anymore.

"Darling, you can't get out."

Hank spoke to her over speakers.

No, she thought. I will get out of here. She looked along the ceiling for an air vent that she could crawl through.

She went along the whole hallway looking around. Finally she spotted one. She remembered seeing a chair in the hallway earlier. She went back and grabbed it.

"Michelle, what are you doing?"

Michelle ignored him. She set the chair underneath the vent and got up on it.

She heard a door open down the hallway. She didn't have much time. She pulled on the vent, causing the cover to come off. She could hear someone running. She gripped onto the small ledges of the vent and pulled herself up. She was just able to slip herself into the duct.

She didn't look back as she crawled as fast as she could. The air vent only went straight.

She kept crawling until she reached the end.

She then positioned herself to go out feet first, so she could hang and then drop to the ground.

She kicked out the end of the vent and slowly slid out.

She then hung by her arms and decided to drop.

She let go of the vent and dropped.

Instead of landing on a hard ground, someone caught her.

She angrily looked at who it was and found that Bradley was holding her.

"I came back for you. But I have to play the part until we can get out." Bradley whispered into her ear.

Hank then walked in and smirked.

"Looks like your attempt to escape was just a waste of energy."

Michelle said nothing because she was still too shocked that Bradley came back to help her escape.

"What! Nothing witty to say back? Looks like I have finally broken you Michelle."

Michelle laughed at his stupidity.

"If you think you will ever have me, then you are stupider than I thought."

Hank's eyes turned black with anger.

"Take her to my room. She will be staying with me for now on."

"Don't you dare take me anywhere, Bradley. I refuse."

"Good thing you don't have a choice." Hank said and then walked over to Michelle.

Before she could react, he stuck a small needle into her neck.

Michelle struggled until the drug finally knocked her out.

"Give her to me Bradley. I will take her to my room."

Bradley reluctantly moved Michelle into his arms and watched as he walked away with her.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Michelle felt soft sheets under her. Something she had missed for the past two weeks. She opened her eyes with alarm. The room was pitch black but she could feel that her hands were handcuffed to the bed and an arm was draped over her waist.

She tried to move as far away from the arm she knew belonged to Hank. Hank only tightened his grip as she tried to move away. He then brought her closer to him.

He was awake now and she could feel him sit up. She felt his breath on her face and wanted to gag. He ran his hands along her face until he got to her lips. Then he leaned down and kissed her.

She bit his lip hard and he cursed.

She felt a sharp slap across the face and wanted to cry.

He then layed back down and she could hear his rhythmic breathing, signaling he had gone back to sleep.

All night she lay awake and thought about her father.

She was completely disgusted with the man that lay next to her.

She had to go to the bathroom so bad, and instead of waking him up, she simply peed in his bed.

She couldn't wait to see his reaction in the morning.

***
Thank you to anyone who is reading this! I really appreciate it. If you like it so far, please give this book some love with votes and comments.

Please keep reading for more of feisty Michelle and determined Hank.