Chapter 14

Michelle and Bradley ran as fast as they could through the dimly lit hallways. Bradley seemed to know where every turn was and she was thankful she had him with her.

They stayed silent the whole time. Bradley would only say something if it was a direction in which they had to turn.

Michelle felt trapped in this place. They had been making turns for forever before Bradley said, "ok, this leads outside."

He unlocked the latch and turned the doorknob. A loud alarm started to sound.

"Crap. That will wake up Hank." Bradley said over the blaring alarm.

"We need to hurry because the outside gates are going to close soon."

Michelle and Bradley sprinted for dear life. Not glancing back at all, they only looked forward.

Both of them had had enough of Hank for a lifetime. Hank had ruined both of their families and it was only a matter a time before he would ruin their chances of survival as well.

A dark wall loomed into view ahead.

Michelle shuddered. He really wanted to keep them in.

Bright lights surrounded the wall, daring them to try and escape.

The door was already closing and that knowledge made them sprint even faster.

Shots rang out behind them and Bradley shouted at her to duck and zig zag so that he would have a hard time focusing on his targets.

Michelle did as he said and gasped as she felt a bullet rush by her ear. That was a close one she thought. Then she realized that Bradley fell, clutching his leg. He had been hit.

Oh no, she thought.

He tried to get up again, but he screamed out in pain.

Michelle grabbed him under the arms and started to drag him as fast as she could, ignoring his protests.

He was heavy and she was going so slow.

She glanced behind her and watched as the giant door was almost shut.

"Leave me! Go, get out of here!"

"No, you came back for me, so we are getting out of here together."

"We both won't make it."

Michelle was stubborn, and she kept dragging him, knowing that the chances of them both escaping were slim.

She watched in horror as Hank came running towards them looking like a mad man.

She heard a loud thump behind her, signaling that the door had shut.

She wanted so bad to collapse on the ground and sob, but she knew that wouldn't do anyone any good.

Their chances of surviving were little to none now and Hank gradually got closer and closer.

She knelt down to where Bradley was.

"I am sorry. I am sorry I didn't get us out of here."

She lay her head on his chest and started to cry.

"Shhhhh shhhh it is going to be ok."

Bradley said as he began to stroke her head.

Michelle stopped crying and realized this is exactly what happened before her father died. She looked into Bradley's eyes and found peace. He wasn't afraid, so why should she be?

That's when she heard the sound of the gun's safety clicked to off. She felt the side of a gun up against her head.

"Get off of him now."

Michelle stared daggers into Hank's eyes.

"Don't you think you have done enough! You killed my parents, why not kill me too? I would rather die than spend the rest of my life with you."

Hank's eyes widened in horror. He looked completely taken aback by her words.

He had accidentally dropped the gun in his moment of shock, and Michelle quickly grabbed it and pointed it at Hank.

"You are going to let us go, or I will shoot you right here."

Hank held up his hands.

He looked different than normal.

He normally looked angry and possessive, but now he held fear and sadness in his eyes.

"Please, Michelle..."

"Open the door."

"Don't leave me...please."

"Now!"

Hank slowly reached into his pocket and pulled out a remote. He clicked a button and the door started to open.

"Now, when we get past those doors, I want you to close them and never think about us again."

"Wait, I can't..."

"Say you will."

Hank nodded slowly. "Ok."

Still pointing the gun at Hank, Michelle picked up Bradley as best as she could and dragged him out the now open door.

"Ok, close it!" She shouted out once they were on the other side.

She then watched as the giant door began to close again.

Michelle let out a giant sigh of relief. A heavy weight lifted off of her chest and she smiled.

She was finally free.

She continued to carry Bradley as best as she could and treked on to find the nearest sign of civilization.

***
"Yes Benito, they will arrive there in the next couple of days. A girl named Michelle and a man by the name of Bradley. Alert me when they arrive and let them stay at your place until I get there. I promise I will give you good money for this."

"Ok, boss."

***
Hopefully you guys are starting to enjoy the story! Sorry I am not very good at these author notes, but let me know if you have any suggestions or comments.
Also keep reading because Benito is a new character that will play an important role in the upcoming chapters!