Chapter 21

Michelle glared the body guard in the eyes. He looked at her with deadly precision, his eyes locked on his target. She stood on the balls of her feet, ready to defend and attack. She watched as he lunged at her quickly. She maneuvered away easily.

They were caught in a game of cat and mouse. He would come hurtling towards her, and she would dodge his advance.

She knew that she would tire out soon, so she decided that she needed to start being the attacker. She stopped dodging and turned around. He was surprised to find her fist come in contact with his face.

She heard a crack, like the breaking of a nose. She smiled in victory. The guard's face changed from pain to pure anger. She realized that no matter how much she beat him down, he would end up winning.

Her arms were like noodles after the shock of breaking someone's nose and her legs ached from dodging him so much. She stared facing him. He stalked towards her and slapped her so hard that she fell to the ground. She held her cheek as she felt the massive stinging start.

He stood towering over her delicate form. This time a kick came to her stomach. All the air rushed out, leaving her feeling breathless. She gasped, and she could see the effect it had on the guard. He grinned without mercy.

He kicked again.

And again.

And again.

Each kick became worse. It felt like her organs were being crushed. She couldn't remember if she heard a crack from one of her ribs. She went in and out of consciousness. The guard finally stopped kicking and pulled her up by her hair and slammed her against the wall. She groaned in pain.

"Not so tough now, are you?"

He then punched her face so hard that she started seeing stars. She tried to keep her eyes open, but the pain was causing her to lose focus. She thought she heard the door open. Someone shouted for the guard to stop immediately. The guard had released her body and she fell to the floor, sending a wave of shock through every bone.

Before she closed her eyes, she saw Hank. His face showed so much worry and pain that she actually started to believe he cared for her in his sick twisted mind.

***

A doctor loomed over her as she opened her eyes. His face looked concerned, but then he gave a reassuring smile.

"Michelle, so nice to have you awake. I was worried sick about you."

"Where am I?"

"In Hank's own private infirmary."

Michelle mentally groaned. It seemed this man had everything. She wouldn't be surprised if he had his own grocery store hidden in here as well.

The doctor started to explain her injuries, but she was barely listening. She heard what she already knew. She had a couple of broken ribs, some very bad bruising of the stomach, and a black eye. She was hooked up to an IV machine and a heart monitor. After the doctor left, she closed her eyes and listened to her heart beat consistently. She wished she could just undo the heart machine and it would magically make her get away from all of this.

Hank walked in with a grim look on his face.

"Michelle, I am sorry. I didn't mean for him to go that far. You must have really made him mad."

Michelle stayed silent for fear of the pain that would follow if she chose to speak. Breathing was hard enough.

Hank nodded like he understood that she couldn't respond.

It must have taken a lot for him to apologize she realized. He truly looked sorry for what had happened. She still hated him, but there was a small part of her that felt sympathy towards him.

Sorry for the short chapter guys. I have been having writer's block lately. If you have any ideas for what could happen next, please let me know. Thanks for reading!