Chapter 13

Days went by in a lull. Michelle would wake up in the same bed and go to sleep in the same bed. Always tied up. It had been a week since her father died and she had seen Bradley. Whenever Hank would leave for half of the day, she would ball her eyes out, remembering how little she had appreciated her father in the past.

Now she just wished she could see her father's face one more time.

She had almost lost all hope, but she remembered that that is what Hank wanted, and then she would hold onto the fact that Bradley would still get her out.

The day dragged on and on. For some reason Hank had still not come back yet. He was always back in time for them to have dinner together. He would always try to talk to her, but she always stayed silent. Then he would climb into bed and wrap his arms around her. She was always disgusted with him. His hands were the hands of a murderers.

The lights went out automatically at 10:00, and so she shut her eyes and tried to fall asleep.

She heard a loud bang and then the lights turned on.

Her eyes flew open and she shut them quickly again because of the bright lights.

Hank stumbled into the room.

Oh no.

He was drunk.

She had never seen Hank drunk before, and she was utterly terrified of what he was going to do.

He smiled at her from the doorway.

"Did I wake you muffin?"

"Don't call me that."

He smiled again.

"You know you are just like your mother was."

Michelle opened her eyes and stared at him. What did he just say?

"How do you know what my mother was like?"

He didn't answer. He dragged up a chair by the bedside and began to stroke her hair.

"I knew what your mother was like, because she was in this same position once."

Michelle began to get angry.

"You kidnapped my mother too?!!?"

"Yes."

"And what happened between you two?"

Michelle was afraid of the answer.

"I got tired of her pushing me away and shot her. I told her right before she died, that I would come for her daughter."

Michelle held her mouth open in shock. Large tears started forming in her eyes and before she knew what was happening, she had a river gushing down her face."

"Don't cry my sweet."

Hank wiped her tears off with his fingers.

"Don't you dare touch me you murderer!"

Michelle screamed and kicked as Hank tried to wrap his arms around her.

Michelle fought against his every touch. She finally was able to get a kick to his groin, and he cried out.

"Bradley! I need your help sedating her!"

Michelle continued to scream and cry.

"You murdered both my parents!" She screamed over and over again.

Bradley finally came into the room with a syringe. He took one look at her and she saw sympathy in his eyes.

"Bradley, what are you standing there for? Sedate her!"

Michelle stopped crying and solely focused on Bradley. She pleaded with him using her eyes.

Bradley walked over to the bed and held up the syringe. She closed her eyes. She was done fighting.

She never felt the pain of a needle though. She heard someone else grunt and opened her eyes.

Bradley had stabbed Hank with the needle.

"You both will pay for this."

That was all he said before his eyes shut and he fell to the ground.

Bradley then frantically began searching Hank's pockets.

He finally found what he was looking for and held it up so Michelle could see.

The key to her handcuffs.

Bradley quickly unlocked the handcuffs and then pulled her up from the bed.

He embraced her in a hug.

"I know exactly what you are feeling. He killed both my parents too."

Michelle squeezed him hard and began to cry again.

She was overcome with the kindness he was showing her.

He finally let go and then held his hands to her face.

"Let's get out of here."

Michelle nodded and then Bradley grabbed her hand and led her out the door.

"We only have an hour before he wakes up, and it is going to take about an hour to get off of his property, so we need to hurry."

Michelle gathered as much courage as she had left and told herself that she would get out of here no matter what.