Chapter 9

Michelle lay on her stomach all night, for the pain was too much to bear. She could smell the pool of blood that traced the outline of her body, but she was too weak to try and move.

She went in and out of sleep all night. She thought that she saw a figure standing over her a couple times, but she couldn't be sure.

"Dad! Dinner is ready!"
Michelle walked out to the living room where her dad sat watching TV.
He was sitting on the couch furiously rubbing at the tattoo on his neck, almost as if he wanted to rub it right off.
"Dad. What are you doing?"
He stared up at Michelle as though she caught him in a crime.
He just shook his head.
"I never should have gotten this tattoo. It means nothing now."
"What do you mean?"
"I am sure some day you will figure it out."

Michelle's eyes shot open when she felt someone touch her mutilated back.

Bradley stood over her with no expression on his face. He took the chair that she had been tied to and sat in it.

"Wow, I did a rough number on you, didn't I?"

Michelle stared at him with pure hatred and confusion. How could he have gone from helpful detective to menacing torturer?

"I know what you are thinking. Everything was all an act. The whole acting like I cared about the case thing."

"But I don't understand. Why?"

"It was all to get you here. That's why. Fake your father's death so we could kidnap him. Once we had your father, you were easy game. We messed up on some of the details regarding your father's death which made you believe he was still alive. We ultimately just went along with it and started to send you the letters. The interviews and everything was all part of the game and now Hank finally has you and your father here. You do know who Hank is right?"

Michelle stared quizically at Bradley.

"Well that is not my place to tell. Anyways we are past the small talk. Time for phase 2."

Bradley grabbed Michelle up by the shoulders and pulled her off the ground.

Michelle screamed in pain and having no time to react, her ripped pink shirt fell to the ground.

Bradley stopped and stared at her for a second.

Michelle quickly tried to cover herself. Her shirt was a pile of bloody rags, so it was useless to try and re-use it.

Bradley hesitated and then sighed loudly. Finally, he took off his shirt and handed it to her. She stared at his muscular body too long before she noticed the awkward silence between them.

Without her having to ask, he turned around so that she could change.

Michelle attempted to lift her arms up, but the pain was too much.

"Um...I need help. It...it hurts too much."

Blushing wildly, Bradley came to stand in front of her.

With as much strength as she had left, she slipped her arms inside of the oversized shirt with his help.

The shirt stuck to the scabs on her back, and she dreaded having to take it off later, but she felt better knowing she was fully covered.

"Thanks."

She didn't know why she was thanking him but she did.

She sat back down because her legs were shaking tremendously.

Bradley stared at her for a few seconds before he said, "phase 2 is no food for a week and only 1 glass of water a day."

The few seconds of gratitude she had had for him were extinguished in a split second.

He left a glass of water by the door and then slammed the door behind him.
-----------------------------------------------------------

"What was that all about?"

Hank was red with anger and his fists were clenched so tight that his knuckles were white.

"She needed a new shirt."

"I wanted you to explain phase 2 to her, not strip for her and act like a hero."

"Oh I doubt she sees me or you as a hero."

Hank grinded his teeth in pure frustration.

"I don't want to see anything else like that between you two again, or I will personally beat the living crap out of you."

Bradley nodded quickly. He took one last look at the monitor that showed Michelle on the floor and then he walked out the door.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Hope you are enjoying it so far. Stay tuned to find out who Hank really is. Also, is Bradley interested in Michelle? Find out what happens.

Thanks for reading