Chapter 18

Benito drove as Michelle sat in the passenger seat sleeping. He glanced over often, admiring how beautiful she looked.

"Stop staring at me like that."

Michelle opened her eyes and watched as a blush crept across Benito's whole face.

"Sorry. You are just so gorgeous when you sleep."

Now it was Michelle's turn to blush.

"We are almost there."

"Where are we going?"

"There is a small town right beyond my property where we need to gas up and we can stop for the night. Then in the morning, we will be off to wherever you want to go."

Michelle suddenly lost the tense look in her face. She messed with the radio and found a good station.

Benito watched as a smile lit up her face and she began to sing along.

He found himself smiling as well.

"You are a really good singer."

Michelle thanked him and then started to sing again.

She sang all the way until they reached the small town of Brooksville.

***

Benito and Michelle sat in a booth at the only restaurant in town.

"Wow, I am ravenous." Benito said as he glanced at the limited menu options.

Michelle nodded. She couldn't eat last night after she witnessed Bradley's death.

A waiter came to their table to take their order.

She was an older lady with curly brown hair and beautiful hazel eyes.

The lady didn't even look up as she asked Benito and Michelle what they wanted to eat.

Benito ordered a burger with a side of fries and Michelle chose an order of chicken with potatoes.

The lady still stared at her pad of paper as she wrote down their orders and left.

"Eye contact must be an issue for her."

Michelle laughed at Benito's comment.

As Benito and Michelle waited for their food they got to know one another. Michelle momentarily forgot that her life had taken a downward spiral and actually enjoyed herself talking to Benito.

She was entranced by Benito and his stories, when the sound of a plate crashing on the floor jolted her out of her trance.

The waiter had dropped both of their plates of food and was staring at Michelle.

The lady's face was as pale as a sheet of paper as she shakily said Michelle's name.

"Mi....Mi....chelle."

Michelle didn't know who this lady was or how she knew her name.

"Do I know you?"

The lady shook her head.

"No...no I guess you wouldn't."

He Follows ✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें