Chapter 15

2 days Later:

"Benito, two people are here to see you."

Benito grinned and slowly got up. He had been waiting for them to arrive.

The girl held the guy under his armpits and looked like she had been dragging him. They were both soaked with rain and he offered for them to come inside.

Benito got one of his men to take the man named Bradley and get him warm and fix up his wounds.

He then offered the girl a new pair of clothes and a towel and told her to meet him by the fire when she was done.

He saw her enter after she had gotten dressed and finally took a good look at her. He could see why Hank liked her so much. She was absolutely mesmerizing to look at. She had long golden brown hair and deep green eyes that showed ferocity. No wonder she had escaped. He saw that she had fight in her and he immediately admired her for it.

"What brings you to my door?"

Michelle looked up at him skeptical for a moment before she responded.

"My boyfriend and I were out camping, when some hunters accidentally shot him in the leg. You happen to be the first person we have come across."

Her story was witty he thought.

"We will only need your assistance with a night's rest and help bandaging up his wound and then we should be off in the morning."

"No no, you should stay for a couple of days. You both are exhausted and your friend needs to rest his leg."

"No, we are leaving in the morning."

"Why the need to rush out so soon?"

"We were supposed to be back from camping yesterday, so I don't want a search party sent out, and plus, I need to get Bradley to a hospital."

"Suit yourself. I can have one of my buddies drive you into town tomorrow if you would like."

"No thank you. I am sure we will be fine."

Benito gave a hearty laugh. "Seems like you are running away from something to me."

"Yeah, running away from this forest."

Michelle was near exhaustion and the fire was lulling her to sleep.

Benito sat and watched as Michelle shut her beautiful eyes. As soon as she fell asleep, he picked her up and carried her upstairs into an empty room. He put her down on the bed and brushed the hair out of her eyes.

"If only you didn't belong to Hank."

He then shut the door and locked it. He needed to call Hank as soon as possible.

He went back downstairs and picked up the phone and dialed Hank's number.

"Hey Hank, it's me. They just showed up. The girl is upstairs sleeping and we are taking care of the man's leg. Try and get here as soon as you can because I have a feeling that Michelle is going to try and beat down the door of her room in the morning."

"Ok, I am leaving now. I should be there in the morning sometime."

Benito hung up the phone and smirked. He could only imagine the money that Hank would give him for holding them hostage.

***

Michelle opened her sleep crusted eyes. She was laying on a soft bed. She didn't remember going to bed. Maybe Benito carried her up she thought.

She got up and decided to check on Bradley. She walked to the door and tried to pull it open. It was locked.

Oh no, she thought.

She banged on the door, but of course no one came to open it.

She wanted to scream for as many times as she had been locked in a room.

Did everybody work for Hank?

She felt devastated. He was probably on his way to get her now. Even if she got out of the room, she still couldn't drag Bradley past all those men.

She saw the window and decided to go for it. She couldn't risk getting caught again.

She opened the window and stepped out onto the roof. She looked down and found that she was all alone outside. Thank goodness she thought.

She made her way down the roof slowly and when she got to the end, she had no other choice but to jump.

She mentally prepared herself and then jumped.

She landed on the ground with a thud. She slowly got up off of the ground and looked around, trying to find the best way to run.

She saw him then. Benito.

He was staring at her through the window of his bedroom. His face dawned with realization and then his face turned angry.

In the next second, he ran away from the window.

She could only assume that he was coming for her, so she darted off and ran as fast as she could.

She heard shouts behind her and quickly glanced back to see a whole band of men running towards her.

Fear coursed through her veins. It was the only thing that kept her running. She glanced back occasionally to see Benito leading the pack.

His eyes held determination like a hunter hunting his prey.