4. St. Mungo's

Some time had passed and Mr. Potter was watching the nameless girl sleep under the sleeping potion. No one would tell him who she was and he hadn't the slightest of clues. The only reason why she looked so familiar to him was because he was greatly reminded of his wife and mother-in-law.

He wasn't aware of how bad her injuries were until Healers entered the room, all wearing masks with their wands at the ready.

"Would you like to remain in the room as we clean her up, Mr. Potter? And do you have the potions at the ready?" He nodded to the Healer who seemed to be in charge, and pointed to the once empty table to where it now had neatly-labeled potions. He had quickly apparated back to his office in the Ministry to gather the potions requested.

"Expedio." The somewhat-dried blood suddenly vanished to reveal several large gashes across her back and a few scars that looked similar to the new additions. There was a litter of scars on the back of her arms which the Healers were able to clear away; but the scars on her back could not be removed due to her being inflicted with a dark-magicked Muggle object.

Once bandages and potions were applied to the new wounds on the girl's back, she was flipped to reveal more scars and fresh scratches, which were quickly cleared. Her legs and hips were bruised badly and the Healers and Mr. Potter gasped at the brutality inflicted on a once innocent little girl, her childhood forever ruined.

"What surprises me about this girl are her teeth," a Healer mentioned after a brief silence, "they're perfectly straight and as white as our uniforms after a good wash. With her in this state I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't own a toothbrush. How are her teeth that perfect?"

"Maybe she's a Vampire." The only female Healed in the room spoke up. The others, including Mr. Potter, seemed skeptical.

"No, I'm serious," she stated after earning a glare from one of her colleagues, "I mean I don't have to care for my teeth at all; and I'm pretty sure every Healer here knows I'm not afraid to tell others about being half-Vampire. Think about it."

"How can we apply your theory?" The head Healer asked. She explained there was a simple spell.

"Zoeken vampier." Suddenly everybody in the room jumped a few steps backwards as the ginormous wings appeared. They were as black as a starless night and were so large they had touched the floor from the bed.

The little girl's eyes suddenly shot open to reveal that they were a fiery, icy-blue color. She noticed the other people in the room, who were staring at her in shock, and backed up to the end of the bed, trembling.

Mr. Potter, not knowing how the young girl would react, took a tentative step forward. "It's alright, little one, we're the good guys you've dreamed about rescuing you. Look at your arms and legs."

"Oh my..." She whispered under her breath as she took in her body scarless. She was speechless until she looked at her wings. "Are they a part of treatment or something...?"

The Vampire Healer took a step forward as well. "No, we just found out you're a Vampire, little one." The little girl's eyes widened.

"What's your name?" Mr. Potter asked gently as he approached the girl as the Vampire Healer muttered a spell to conceal the Vampire side of the girl. The potioneer immediately noticed the chocolate brown eyes, which reminded him of his wife.

"I'm B-Barbara Potter, Sir." He hid his shock, realizing how much sense it had made that he was reminded greatly of his wife and her mother. Now that he was thinking about it, it all clicked. The stillborn daughter Euphemia Potter had never been recovered. They never saw her after the emergency because she was rushed out of the room and told they would most likely never see the girl again. The Healers, at the time, claimed they didn't want to scar the parents.

The reason why his son, James Potter, had always complained about how his back hurt him the last years, was because he was experiencing his twin's pain.

"What's your name, Sir?" She asked timidly. Not knowing how to explain the situation, he blurted that he was her father.

"Why did you abandon me, then?" He noted the masked amount of anger the little girl had just taken from the news. Mr. Potter didn't allow himself to cry in anger at the news of hearing his daughter's pain and suffering.

"You were take away from your mother and I without our knowledge, Barbara. They had asked us to name you when they told us you didn't make it and we named you Barbara," he sniffed, "I'm sorry."

Barbara didn't mean to make her father cry; and she, ignoring her pain once more, pulled her father into a hug. They were both silent, but the hug had said all that had needed to be said, in her mind. All was forgiven.

She heard her father chuckle as he pulled her closer. "Wait until you twin James hears about this."

Her eyes widened. She had a twin?!