9. Family Reunion

The news parchment papers Angel received from the Head Healer had changed the woman's attitude from grumpy to complete giddiness and excitement within seconds. As soon as she looked them over, signed where needed, and had her boss sign where it required his signature, the Vampire quickly sprinted towards her cousin's room to deliver the news.

"You're going home today, Rome!" Angel shouted in excitement after she had slammed the door shut. Barbara quickly slammed the book she was reading and looked at Angel skeptically.

"How do I know that they'll want me if we haven't even met yet, Angel? Shouldn't there be a visit or something beforehand?" Angel's smile faltered slightly.

"Barbara," she began while taking a seat next to the little girl on her bed, "your father has popped in every day after work; but you were always sleeping. Your mother and brother were not allowed to come visit you while your mental health was fragile. You have improved a lot more than we expected you to so we wanted to send you home as soon as the paperwork was ready."

The Potter trio was eating breakfast quietly as they kept their thoughts of how the day would go by to themselves.

"What if she doesn't want to stay?" James suddenly asked his mother, worry evident in his tone.

"I don't know, sweetheart, but I think that's what's going through her head right now, 'What if they don't want me?' I think she'll want to stay. What do you think?"

James nodded his head, he thought, hoped, she would want to stay, too.

Barbara was ready to leave the hospital and be with her family. All she could feel was giddiness and pure excitement as she bounced up and down on her heels with anticipation. She truly did not blame anyone in her family for her kidnapping. She blamed the man that kidnapped her and vowed to bring him to justice once he surfaced.

It was time. James was full of excitement and worry.

"I'M GOING TO MEET MY SISTER! I'M GOING TO MEET MY SISTER! I'M GOING TO MEET MY SISTER!" James yelled in the waiting room, doing a little happy dance which made Fleamont and Euphemia chuckle.

"I'M GOING TO MEET MY DAUGHTER!" Euphemia yelled,  joining her son as they skipped happily around the waiting room together. Onlookers wore curious and somewhat annoyed expressions; but the Potters paid no attention to them.

Suddenly, the Potter parents stopped what they were doing and looked by the entrance to the waiting room. James seemed not to have noticed and continued his antics until his mother coughed, signaling him.

A little girl had found her way into the room. Her appearance of her naturally wavy, light brown and gold hair was helping her dark brown eyes with fierce specks of blue pop. Her eyes showed curiosity as her demeanor illustrated courage as she took a few steps forward.

The younger boy, her brother, James, had inherited his hair from his father, but it was slightly untidier than the older man.  He had hazel eyes and square glasses. To Barbara, he seemed a bit on the scrawny side; but her smile on her face revealed how happy she was to have her true family.

Euphemia cautiously stepped towards the little girl. "Barbara?  Is it really you?"

The reunion had become more emotional than Barbara originally thought as she hugged her mother, both of them nearly sobbing with joy. After a long, meaningful hug with both of her parents, she finally turned to her brother.

"James?"

James immediately looked up, and was tackled into a hug which knocked the wind out of him. Barbara held him tightly, not wanting to let him go. It was obvious that the two would be the closest of siblings.

"Can't-breath.." He said.  Barbara let go of him, and they just looked at each other, and smiled.

"James, can I tell you something?"  Barbara asked.  James nodded hesitantly.

Barbara offered him a goofy smile, "I think you need lessons on how to dance."

"That's the first thing you say to your brother?"  James said, in a mock hurt tone.  Barbara just laughed, and they hugged again.

"That's definitely my daughter."  Mr. Potter said, and the siblings' hug became a group hug for the whole family.

The Potter quartet talked the whole time during the Muggle car ride back to the Potter Manor. When they arrived home, Barbara looked around at the acres of scenery and the gigantic manor which easily could have been mistaken for a small castle.

"Like what you see?"  Fleamont asked, his face smug with satisfaction at his daughter's face. He was very proud of his heritage and his ancestry. Barbara just nodded, taking in everything about the mansion.

When they stepped out of the car, they were in a courtyard that led to the front door.  The door itself looked like it was twelve feet tall, and the columns looked like they were made out of granite or marble.  There were two lion statues in either side of the door, and they smiled and roared to Barbara, as if greeting her. Barbara bravely waved back and expressed how cool they were to her brother.

When she walked into the manor, there were two grand staircases leading upstairs, a red rug draping over them.  The floor and the stairs were a dark mahogany wood, and Barbara could tell that they were so throughout the manor.  There was a giant white, red, and gold rug in the middle of the entrance with a table the had a sign on it, saying 'welcome to Potter Palace Barbara!'

Needless to say, the house was enchanting.  The whole family gave Barbara a tour of the grounds, first, and then the rooms.

An hour later, after talking with the house elves for nearly half an hour, they stopped in front of a door that read 'James Ignotis Potter II'.  James showed Barbara his room, and then they stopped in front of another door that had a gold plaque on it like James', but reading 'Barbara Fléamia Potter'. 

"I'm going to start making dinner kids. James, love, can you please continue the tour with the best for last?"  Mrs. Potter asked her son.

James eagerly nodded, and opened  her door as their parents left. Barbara gasped, and looked everywhere at everything.  She went into the bathroom, and saw a note 'If you feel like you have to cover up, but try not to.' And she understood, opening the drawers and seeing some makeup.

Barbara came out of the bathroom, and looked in the closet and dresser. There were already robes in the closet, and shoes, too.  She figured it was Valerie that told her mother her clothing and shoe size when they were shopping in the Kingdom.

She saw there were some family photos on her dresser, along with some notes from her parents and James. 

James coughed, and Barbara swiveled around, only to get picked up by her brother.  She panicked at first, but then relaxed when she realized he was hugging her.  I know my brother won't hurt me.  She landed on the bed, and threw a pillow at James, which caused the beginning of a pillow fight that ultimately became a pillow war.

Long story short, it was Barbara's favorite day of her life.

Remember to VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE!

XOXO
Me😊