45. A Prophecy

As the year progressed, Hogwarts became a dark place to live and learn. Laughter through the halls became less frequent, the First Years' youth was masked with the need to mature in order to understand the Wizarding War.

Barbara had tried to comfort the students she tutored, telling them that when they were out of Hogwarts the older students would've ended the War. But the little voice in the back of her head told her that that meant more students would join the War, bringing more deaths.

It was nerve wracking, to say the least. Already she had run into former students whom she was acquainted with. She was surprised to see former Gryffindors on the other side, thinking back to when they were at Hogwarts. They had never been ones to express hate towards Muggle borns; but fear had obviously taken over them rather than rational thought. The Royal knew that friendships would only become harder to maintain with each passing day.

But she was lucky. Her friend group was the most tightly knit group at Hogwarts. Two pairs in the group were together, all were keeping Remus's secret safe; and all held a special bond towards each other. Marlene and Lily were accepted into the Marauders as if they've been there their whole time at Hogwarts. Hate between the girls and boys disappeared entirely after Lily and James became a couple. Nobody could take their happiness away from them, not even Valerie.

Valerie, Barbara discovered, opened the Kingdom to very few, only allowing the citizens to leave after a vigorous screening and interview. The Queen herself couldn't leave; but she had her closest guard, Andrew, send her regards to Dumbledore and the Potters. In response, Barbara told him that she was giving up her ties to the Vampire Kingdom, instead opting for living in a world that had a bigger impact on her than the Royal blood in her veins.

In response, Valerie decided to take a day from running the Kingdom to visit Barbara at Hogwarts.

Seventh Year wasn't getting to Barbara like it was to her friends. Even James and Sirius were seen in the library more often than not, especially if one of the girls were there to help them. Instead, Barbara was completely wrapped up in senioritis, meaning she completely stopped caring at that point. Her grades suffered some, but not enough for her to be concerned with anymore. Herbology was her lowest at an Acceptable, which wasn't too bad. The only reason why Barbara was slightly annoyed with that grade was because James had a higher grade than she did.

She was in the library with James and Marlene, working on herbology homework, when she heard Madame Pince speak from her desk. "Potters! The Headmaster wants you."

James's hazel eyes suddenly widened in fright; and Barbara met his gaze with a calm one. "Don't worry, he's got nothing on us. We'll be free after interrogation."

Nervous butterflies in Barbara's stomach didn't allow her to show her worry as she walked with James. He was Head Boy, and she was a star Hogwarts student. Nothing could make her or her brother in trouble.

"Remember, James, we're in the clear because there's no evidence supporting any wrongdoings. Also let me do the talking. You manage to make yourself get into trouble without actually doing anything."

James nodded his head, the square glasses Barbara loved on him nearly falling off of his nose. She smiled slightly and pushed them up back into their normal position. "You know I love you, right Jamesie?"

He smiled in return, putting his arm around Barbara's shoulders. "Of course I do, B. And for the record, I love you too."

Together, they decided to face their doom.

When they entered the office, Barbara was surprised to see Angel in a very fancy dress, but more surprised to see Valerie. Her blood red dress touching the floor, demanding her attention. Barbara kept her arm around James, who in turn brought her closer to him.

Valerie smiled. "Dumbledore was telling me you blossomed into an accomplished young woman, Barbara. But I didn't imagine you and James looking so grown up together."

Barbara responded with silence. Instead, she turned to Dumbledore, not caring to talk to the woman who broke her promise. She may have come to terms with why Valerie did what she had done, but that didn't stop the anger she had for the woman to completely cease. "Why are we here, Dumbledore?"

"You're here to greet Valerie, Miss Potter, because you'll be working together whilst she is in the Wizarding World."

"And why should she do that?" James asked indignantly. He wasn't a fan of Valerie since she left, either.

"Because I need to train her more in order for her to lead the Vampires in sending into this War." Valerie retorted dryly.

Barbara looked at Valerie, surprised. "You're entering the War?"

"I am," the Queen responded, "I'll be making an official statement later today. I wanted you two to be the first to know. And you'll have to graduate early Barbara. You're needed as soon as possible. In one week's time you'll be taking your NEWTs; so I implore you to be studying now."

"Why can't I wait another two months?"

"My dear," Dumbledore interrupted kindly, "you're meant for great things. There's a prophecy I've been told a long time ago; and I think you're the one who will fulfill it."

"Wait, there's a prophecy? What are you talking about?" James asked. The twins exchanged glances, both curious. Neither knew there was a prophecy in the works.

"Unfortunately, I cannot recall all the details," Dumbledore replied, "but if ultimately said that one belonging to two Worlds will change the tide of the War."