26. Becoming of Age

It was a big day for the Potters as Barbara and James turned fifteen. Barbara told James that they would celebrate his day that Thursday and Friday and then do all of the needed requirements for her coming of age during the upcoming weekend.

Since her Fourth Year began, Barbara was thankful that Dumbledore made sure her homework load wasn't as crazy as her brother's. With little homework, she was able to focus more on her future and become stranger. Her wings were healthy with being able to be in the air and her fangs were as white as Angel's, who took hours making sure her teeth were at their prime.

Thursday came quickly for the Potters as they focused on celebrating James's birthday in the Gryffindor Common Room. Barbara ended up quitting Quidditch because it took too much of her time; but she was still helping out the team when she could. James was to be Captain their Sixth Year and spent his time on the Quidditch pitch.

When he was practicing with the rest of the team, Barbara enlisted the Marauders and Marlene to help her set up the dorm room as a small party room. She had Sirius and Peter go down to the kitchen to request food from the House Elves. When Lily was finished doing her homework, Barbara sent her to go to the owls' tower because her parents were to send presents for him. She, Marlene, and Remus made more room in the dorms by moving the beds together and out of the way. Barbara wanted to make sure her brother would have the best day ever; so she had Lily also conjure balloons.

She was originally surprised with Lily agreeing to help with the surprise party. Lily had to endure constant teasing from James and constant requests to Hogsmede. However, James had been surprisingly nice to Lily ever since she found out about Barbara being a Vampire over the summer. Barbara could only assume it was because he was afraid that Lily would tell Snape if he wasn't kind to her that year.

Contrary to what James thought, however, Barbara made sure Snape had no idea what she truly was. Lily agreed to never tell another soul about Barbara or Remus. She found out about Remus's problem a few days before Christmas break, which upset Remus greatly; but he was happy to find out Lily wasn't harboring just one secret about another "half-breed."

Barbara, Marlene, and Remus had just finished moving all of the beds when the rest of the gang came into the dorms. Lily dropped all of the presents on the closest bed and sighed with relief, her arms being freed. Sirius and Peter out the butterbeer (which they snuck back from The Three Broomsticks thanks to Angel) and other treats on the table. "Alright! I saw James making his way here from the Quidditch pitch, so we have to hur-"

"What's all of this?"

Barbara turned to see James looking as surprised as the rest of the group. "Well, you're here a but earlier than expected..." Peter murmured under his breath.

"Surprise! Happy birthday!"

Barbara was furious she wasn't allowed to go into the Realm for the Coming of Age ceremony. Instead of being able to see her Vampire friends or Andrew, who she acquainted herself with, Barbara was told she was going to have a very small reception. At the end of the day, she didn't really care where she would've had it, she just wanted to see Valerie.

The one person who wasn't going to be there.

Angel was going to perform the ceremony with the Potters and Dumbledore as Barbara's witnesses. In order for her to legally become an of-age Vampire, five people had to be present, seven or more for Royals. Barbara decided for the extra people, she wanted to invite Remus, Sirius, Lily, Peter, and Marlene. She surprised herself with wanting to invite Sirius and Peter, but figured it was the least she could do to thank them for keeping her brother out of a lot of trouble their Fourth Year.

The young woman was required to wear a black, backless dress. She felt conscious with her scars from her childhood being exposed- she hated the feeling of people judging her for her past- but figured that she needed to get over it eventually so she could completely focus on her future. When she walked out of her room in Potter Palace, she noticed the boys (excluding her brother) take in her appearance. The dress hugged her and the heels made her look regal.

"You clean up nicely." Remus said politely. Seeing Barbara's somewhat forced smile, he was the only one to have taken the hint and went to her side. Remus helped her down the stairs knowing that if he let go of her she would probably fall in the heels and topple down the stairs.

Once everybody was in the living room, Angel, standing before them all, read the history of the Royals and their moral duty to serve all who were in need of assistance. She continued to talk about how Valerie, while not able to be there, sent gifts and the necessary tools to officially make Barbara of-age.

Barbara stood in front of Angel, a look of determination written across her face. "Barbara," Angel said, "your Vampire speaks to you. I need to see you in order to declare you a Royal adult."

"More like a royal pain in the ass," James muttered to Sirius, who snickered.

The young woman nodded her head in understanding; and her black wings appearing and stretching out behind her. The Fourth Years' eyes widened in amazement. The wings were stretched a couple meters behind their petite friend; and they were as black as the midnight sky. Her eyes returned to their icy-blue color, which mesmerized Sirius with how unique they were.

Angel took ahold of the special wand Valerie owned. "This wand," she explained, "has been passed down to every ruler since its making hundreds of generations ago. It wields the power to give Barbara her Royal position in the Royal Household. Euphemia and Fleamont Potter, do you consent for me to give Barbara who capabilities of being an adult in both the Wizarding World and the Vampire Realm?"

"We do."

"Then Barbara," Angel turned to the girl, "you are officially a Royal. Welcome to the World of responsibilities and magic. You determine your fate as it is in your control."

The wand in Angel's hand emitted a bright blue light, which his Barbara in the center of her chest. Confused as to what happened, she looked at Angel for guidance. The aged Vampire nodded her head towards Barbara's wings.

At the corner of each wing towards the bottom, a golden crown was engraved in her wings.

Well, now that that's over with, I wonder if I can get some food from the kitchen now...

What sports do you play?

I play soccer..... goalie for life!

6.21.17- Actually I can't be a goalie anymore because my knees decided to flip out lol. I focus more on academics now, seeing as college is approaching and I want an academic scholarship rather than play sports. What colleges are y'all thinking of/ recommend I check out?