39.1 Dinner from Hell

Basically what she looks like now too— remember she looks more mature because of the Vampire gene!

"James! Get your arse out of the house and give Moony a kiss for me!" Barbara yelled at her brother. James really wanted to stay and meet Lily's family but she wouldn't allow it. Barbara still thought that it was ironic that Lily was kicking James out of the house when she didn't even live there.

"Alright! I'm going! Just tell them I said hi, will you?" He asked. Barbara nodded her head and apparated him right outside of Remus' home. They exchanged quick goodbyes and Barbara left for Potter Palace before she could be locked in a conversation with Mr. Lupin.

Barbara composed a list in her head of things she needed to do. Her parents were going out for the night with the Evans; so it was up to Barbara to represent the Potters without killing the Dursley and other Evans sister. Okay, I need to shower again so I don't smell like a ghoul, dress fabulously as to make everybody's jaw drop, put some make up on to hide puberty, and let Lily do my hair because she actually knows what she's doing.

"Sirius, start getting ready. They might come a little earlier to show off more of their Muggle stuff." Barbara told him. He sighed, got up, and walked with her up the stairs.

"Barbara, can I ask you something?" Oh no, I hope this isn't what I've been dreading all summer.

"Yeah, sure." Barbara mentally high fived herself for keeping a calm exterior.

"Make sure you don't kill them like you almost did last time. We need to make sure that they're mouths are shut when they leave– not ripped off." Sirius nudged Barbara's side, a smirk on his face and his eyes twinkling with mischief.

"No promises." She tried to joke casually, the butterflies popping up in the millions with the small contact between them. When she tried to lean against her bedroom door, however, she forgot she left the door open; and stumbled.

Barbara closed her eyes, waiting for the fall; but it never came. Instead, she felt arms wrap around her, making sure she was secure and flustered. When her eyes opened again, grey eyes were staring back at her in amusement.

"I could get used to our friendship coming to this level too, Potter." Sirius waggled his eyebrows, clearly observing how the 'damsel in distress' was flustered. Although Barbara missed another emotion in his eyes.

"Cute. But you need to let me go; I need a shower badly." Barbara tried to get out of his hood as fast as possible without making herself fall again.

Sirius leaned his face close to Barbara's, catching her extremely off guard. Before she could react, he took a big whiff of her hair before pretending to hack over his shoulder.

"That you definitely need, Barb." He said jokingly. Sirius let her go from his arms and Barbara quickly shut the door to her room. Once she recovered from that moment, she looked at the time.

4:30

She silently thanked Lily for making sure she already picked out her outfit for the night. Barbara took a quick shower and then dried herself off with the hot air charm. Then, she put on her outfit and heels.

The black dress Barbara picked out was black with cross sections of string in the back. Her heels were tall and black and she made sure that her Vampire necklace was more polished than it usually was. Gold bangles and earrings were her other accessories for the night, a light jab at Vernon's boasting of wealth.

"Barbara! Can I come in now? I just finished and I need to do your hair now if we're going to do it at all!"

"Yeah, come in!"

Lily opened the door and took in her best friend's appearance. "Damn, you know how to clean up, Potter."

"That's only because I learned from the best, Lils. I love your school spirit." Barbara replied with a wink. Lily's gold dress complemented with her shoes rather well; and her makeup and hair were perfect, Barbara thought.

Lily took a seat behind Barbara and brushed her hair out, blowed it, and styled it with Muggle items Barbara charmed with magic to be used without electricity. After some time which, presumably, Sirius used to get ready, the girls finished in Barbara's room and headed downstairs.

In the kitchen, where Dippy was still cooking dinner and Trixie was outside setting the table, Sirius was helping the House Elf with handing him ingredients.

"Sirius, are you ready?"

He turned around, and looked temporarily stunned with how well Barbara and Lily cleaned up. Barbara also took a moment to admire his looks while he admired hers.

Sirius's hair was its same black shaggy self, but it looked a little more stylish than it usually was, which surprised Barbara. His formal attire made Barbara appreciate James's clothing for once, which was thought to never have been done before.

It looked like Sirius was about to say something to Barbara, but two lights coming from the window quickly distracted the young Auror, who immediately had her wand by her side.

"Relax, Barb," Lily said, "it's Muggle transportation. That means there here."

"Oh, goody," Sirius smiled widely, "the fun can now commence!" He exclaimed whilst clapping his hands jovially. Barbara couldn't agree more, and smirked about the upcoming dinner.