[ 1 ]

T H E W O L F ' S L A M B

C H A P T E R O N E

-

E V A N G E L I N E
K N I G H T W A S the epitome of innocence. That very sentence was repeated constantly and I never heard the end of it. Like a lamb, I was meek and gentle and I didn't harm anyone. I simply kept to myself.

Raised by loving parents, I lived a pure childhood filled with endless laughter and memories that caused a smile to spread across my crimson lips.

My mother was strong and stubborn and she had always been my role model. She lived her life to the fullest and accomplished all her goals, successfully.

I wished that I could be like her but with the way my father and brother circled me like a vulture would it's dead prey, there was no such opportunity available. I was the baby of the family and neither my father or brother ever failed to remind me of that.

It was both frustrating and suffocating. Constantly having an overprotective father and an even more protective brother monitoring my every move which caused me more trouble and anguish than I could handle. I knew that they just wanted to protect me, but I just couldn't handle it anymore.

Tonight, I was going to sneak out. And the thought irked me, but it was something I was certain of doing. Tucking a strand of my dark locks behind my ear, I brushed a layer of brown onto my eyelid and observed the smokey eye I had just finished creating.

My hazel eyes flashed with nervousness as I watched the clock anxiously and then nervously bit into my lip. I'd never snuck out before and as the time past, I contemplated on whether I should even go through with it or back out and pretend as if the thought of sneaking away had ever crossed my mind.

Shaking off the nerves that crept up like chills, I padded over to the balcony doors of my bedroom and slipped out into the night like a thief would after stealing a prized possession after careful precision and poise.

Peering over the marble railings, I threw the pair of black heels that were tightly held in my grasps onto the rocky surface below, the sound echoed, causing my brows to crease together in nervousness and then.

Gripping onto the green ivory, I closed my eyes and sucked in a deep breath. Moments later, I had reached the ground and swiftly grabbed the heels and took off into a jog, a gust of wind gently blowing through my hair as I ran.

A victorious grin spread across my lips the minute I slid into the passenger seat of my closest friends car. Sydney, my friend, had her light brows pointing up to the sky after actually witnessing me go through with such a plan.

It was unheard of and when Sydney had suggested the plan, she'd expected for me to refuse and call her ridiculous for even thinking of such a thing. But, to her surprise, I had done it and she didn't know wether to break out into a grin or continue to look absolutely stunned.

"Right." Sydney cleared her throat and the engine of the car roared to life with one single turn of the silver key. Stepping down on the pedal, the car rolled into a steady movement and then they were off to a club that was opening downtown.

I felt a buzz of adrenaline rush through me. What I had done had finally hit me like a tonne of bricks. I snuck out! I defied my father's rules! On these newfound revelations, I'd pondered on whether or not I should go through with it or ask Sydney to drive me back home.