[ 2 ]

T H E W O L F ' S L A M B

C H A P T E R T W O

-

I H A D T O fight to get a long a lot of things in my life. My opponents being Colton and my father. My mother on the other hand was always on my side. One of the things that I'd fought for most was the ability to pursue a proper career and carry out my studies in order to do so.

My father was very opinionated when it came to my studies. He didn't want his precious daughter to deal with the pressure and stress that came with being a student, but it was what I wanted truly and being a successful man himself, he saw things from my point of view and gave me permission to carry out my dreams.

Law had always appealed to me. The difference between right and wrong was great and yet to my fascination, people chose to do wrong. When studying law, I realised the many different types in which I could pursue. I went on to become a corporate lawyer since I was always big on business and chose the type that merged my two interests. Despite my timid attitude, I was anything but when it came to my job-when working as a lawyer, it was one of the rare times that I came out of my shell.

Resting my head back onto the seat of my chair, my eyes drifted across the area of my office. I'd been working for the past three hours, trying to read through the sheets and sheets of paper that had been handed to me. Deciding that enough was enough, I rose to my feet and the chair beneath me rolled backwards, allowing me
space to round the desk.

I grabbed my purse and jacket, shrugging it onto my shoulders as I exited the office doors and moved swiftly down the corridor. I smiled as I passed by a few of my colleagues and continued on my fast pursuit for some fresh coffee. My crimson lips parted at the though of the addicting stuff and it was then that I began to move even quicker.

The nude heels that gloved my feet clicked beneath me, the sound echoing through the grey pavements below. A chilly breeze drifted drifted past me and I shivered. The buzz of bustling New York was refreshing and surprisingly put me at ease.

I enjoyed crowded places. And I thought the idea of passing by clusters of people you may never see again was exciting. Eyeing the signs above, I rounded he corner and passed by a hot dog vender, the smell wafted past me and I could feel my mouth water.

Then, my eyes took in the coffee shop before me and my desire for sizzling hot dogs was vanquished. I checked the time and grinned, I was on time yet again and to my surprise, so was the woman who always seemed to be rushing.

Dropping down into the seat, I took a moment to catch my breath and allowed my hazel eyes to meet with a familiar pair. "Hey mom." I grinned, leaning over to hug the woman who was truly my bestest friend.

Brushing her knuckles across the apples of my cheeks, my mother smiled warmly and tilted her head to the side. "Morning, sweetie." Retracting her hand back to rest upon the table, she reached to her side and placed a warm cup of coffee before me.

Not a second later, the warm and bittersweet liquid was oozing down my throat, causing my stomach to brew with warmth and satisfaction. "I ought to have a go at your dad for passing on his terrible coffee addiction onto you." My mother sighed, tipping down a sip of her tea.

A look of amusement flashed across my eyes as I took the time
to survey the quaint coffee shop. "So how's the boutique?" I asked, returning my eyes to my mother who beamed proudly. "We got some new stock in and I saved you a few pieces. You'll love them!" She grinned and I felt my excitement grow. I loved it when she put clothes aside for me, her taste was impeccable.