[ 10 ]

T H E W O L F ' S L A M B

C H A P T E R T E N

-

T W I R L I N G A C U R L Y strand of hair behind my shoulder, I assessed the inky wing that curved across the top of my eyelid, causing my hazel brown eyes to glisten and further accentuate.

The black dress clung to my body beautifully. It was sleeveless, putting my toned and tanned arms on display. A silky shawl hung across my arms and wrapped round my back elegantly. I chose very little jewellery to finish off the look and I grinned at the end result.

My glossy lips were full and shimmered as the light reflected off of them. My lashes curled over, brushing against my cheek, each splinter of a hair dark and thick.

Grabbing my clutch bag, I threw any necessary items inside and pushed both ends together, clasping it closed and then trying around to step into my favourite pair of nude heels. Just as I'd slipped my right foot in, the doorbell had rung and I suddenly felt a rush of nervousness wash over me like a killer wave.

Sauntering towards the door, I brushed my hands down the lengths of my dress and mustered the courage to open the door. Creaking open gradually, Felix stood before me clad in a tailored suit that clung beautifully to his tall frame. Even with heels on, my height could not compare to his.

Feeling his inky eyes take in my form with a look that ignited a raging fire within, I blushed madly and repaid him by returning the favour. It was a classic suit-black jacket, black pants and a gorgeous silky black tie to match. Beneath the stunning material was a white shirt that caused his tan skin to glow stunningly. Felix Wolfe was a sight for sore eyes.

When he'd finally took enough of me in, the corner of his lips curved upwards and his alarmingly striking eyes flashed with a devilish look. "Beautiful." Was all he managed to utter before placing his lips upon my own.

My fingers curled around the hairs that spread across the nape of his neck. Thick and glossy, his hair was another feature that was appreciated very much by myself. A pleasurable sigh escaped my lips as I pressed myself further into his beautiful body.

Leaving one last peck, Felix pulled back and tucked a stray stand of hair behind my ear. "So, where are we going?" I whispered, my breath husky and rapid. Felix took hold of my hands and placed a chaste kiss on my knuckles.

My soft touch brushed against his stubble and I shivered. "Back to my place." Raising a brow, I blushed madly. Catching onto my sudden amplified nervousness, Felix assured me with a deep and low chuckle. "No, darling. I'm just cooking dinner for you. I want it to be special." I'd grown weak at the knees the moment he'd called me darling and as shocking as it sounded, I think I'd have done anything he asked at that very moment. One word had my whole body under his command. A tug of a string and I'd dance like a puppet.

"Ready?" He asked, sliding his hand down my lower back, but never letting them wander further. Beaming up at his handsome features, I simply nodded and allowed him to steer me away.

-

His home was just as I'd imagined it to be. Neutral colours-greys and beiges. Very masculine and modern. But I liked it, it suited his personality and if anything it taught me more about the man I was smitten for. Leading my towards the kitchen, he spun around and stepped towards me. Brushing his hands down my arms, he slyly pulled my shawl from under me and placed my clutch on the counter adjacent to us.

I tilted my head to the side as I assessed him, wondering how such a man existed. Despite being rich and successful, handsome and charming, I failed to see even just one article displaying him next to a throng of woman. When I first saw him, I'd imagined that was exactly the kind of man he was. A ladies man.

But then I understood him more and realised how mistaken I was. Felix was sharp and professional. He lived and breathed his company and I could tell that he was driven in anything he committed to. Woman never seemed to be one of the categories. Sure, he could have anyone and what had me slightly worried was the fact that he'd chosen me.

"What's going on in that prettt head of yours?" The charm in his voice rung like the church bells on a Sunday morning. I grinned and shook my head as if to say nothing. He merely grinned in response.

Watching Felix as he drifted around the kitchen, lifting lids, stirring pots, grabbing cutlery and zipping backwards and forwards every so often. With a hand resting beneath my chin, I leaned against the marble countertop and watched him in adoration. I could really get used to this.

Disappearing through sliding doors, Felix returned and offered his hand to me. "Dinners ready." He gestured to the doors he had just appeared through and I placed my hand in his. It was a perfect fit.

Leading my through the glass doors, I felt my gaze drift to the table setting and suddenly I melted within like a block of butter. Candles were lit across the balcony that overlooked the bustling city below. The stars above illuminated the sky and everything about the scenery was angelic and almost surreal. "It's amazing." I gasped, jumping in surprise when Felix slipped his hands around my waist and placed a lingering kiss on my jaw.

"Let's eat." And with that, he pulled the chair out for me and offered me some red wine, to which I accepted and indulged in every aspect of the meal. The night couldn't have been more perfect.

"Tell me about your family." I suddenly asked, feeling a need to learn anything and everything about Felix Wolfe. He paused momentarily, looking down at his place of warm food. I instantly regretted the question as I watched the light within Felix's eyes dim.

Clearing in his throat, he looked up again and leaned back in his seat. "I never really knew my parents." He laughed, but it was neither in amusement or bitterness. "I grew up in a foster home and when I was old enough, I learnt about my real parents." He paused, unable to explain further. "I found that I had a brother. Him and my grandparents were my only living family." With furrowed brows and a sullen look, I reached out and placed a hand on top of his. "I'm sure your parents would be proud to see the man you've grown up to me." A smile graced his lips and I swear I'd never felt my chest warm so fast as it had. It swelled with joy at the look of his grin.

"How did you get to be so perfect?" He questioned me teasingly, wrapping his hand around my own. "Oh stop it." I waved him off, embarrassed and insanely flushed.

His wolffish grin reappeared and from across the table, our eyes locked, the candles flame dancing before us, the glow of the fire illuminating our faces and brightening the lines of our smiles.

----

Hey guys, please do me a massive favour and check out ' A deal with a demon' I think you guys will love it!!!! It's a supernatural book / romance / dark fantasy book about a demon protecting a girl who is not so ordinary as she thinks . . .