[ 12 ]

T H E W O L F 'S L A M B

C H A P T E R T W E L V E

-

O U R E Y E S M E T and sheer silence filled the bedroom. Our bodies were covered in but a single silk sheet as our legs were tangled in a beautiful mess. My fingers instinctively trailed over Felix's tattoos, tracing the permanent ink with the tip of my finger.

His fingers brushed away the brown locks of my hair that stick to my face. I hadn't known how I looked when waking up, but with the way Felix stared at me with lusting eyes, I presumed I didn't look too bad.

Soon, my eyes dropped to his hard chest, feeling the muscles beneath my touch, and shuffling closer to him to envelope my body with the heat that radiated off of him. This was truly splendour.

"Are you alright?" Felix's husky voice broke the silence, filling the empty space with us gorgeous voice that undid me the moment words fell from his addicting lips. I smiled at how he cared enough to ask me how I was and nodded, pushing my face into his neck.

"I'm amazing." I breathed out and felt his laughter rumble beneath his chest. His arm wrapped around my waist, securing me, making me feel completely safe. I never wanted to leave.

"What time did your assistant schedule the meeting for?" But then the reality of life hit me like a tonne of bricks and I realised that at some point we had to return. A moment couldn't last forever, if fleeted away like a butterfly. Acquiring this building was important to him and I was going to help him get it, no matter what.

He sighed, almost as if he thought the same thing as I did and then placed a chaste kiss upon my forehead, letting it linger. "Today, actually. I'm surprised he even accepted the offer of a meeting." Felix chuckled sarcastically, a sneer hanging from his lips then vanishing as he stared back down at me.

"We best get ready." He whispered but did not move. I laughed, brushing my palm across his cheek as I kissed his lips softly before getting out of bed. That proved to be quite a chore as his arm never unlatched from my body.

"Felix!" I complained when he shook his head and held me closer. He was such a stubborn man. Eventually, I pried myself from his iron grip and grinned at his moody expression, sauntering into the bathroom to brush my teeth and fix my appearance for the meeting.

Felix made it a habit of staying over, we only ever shared a bed, nothing more than that, last night of course, was different. Since he stayed over often, he left suits and essentials so that he didn't have to bring any when coming over, or it was because when he made spontaneous visits, he didn't have to worry about not having anything to wear or use for the next day.

Brushing my hair back into a pony tail, the tips curled beautifully. I applied some mascara to lashes and brushed across some pinky tint to my cheeks, finishing with a subtle lip colour. Satisfied with my appearance, I dived into my wardrobe and fished for a suitable outfit. I settled on a grey dress that was modestly professional.

It had a high rise neckline, with no arms and a fitted bodice. The dress cut off below my knees and to this day, it was one of my favourite business attire out of the many that I had acquired after some time. I pulled my black long coat from it's hanger and placed my foot into a black pair of heels.

Passing through into the kitchen, I grasped onto my handbag and placed my mobile, purse and keys into it. Then, I moved round the marble counter to make myself some coffee. Placing two cups down, I waited for Felix whilst I began to sip some from my own mug.

Felix came through into the kitchen looking as sharp as ever. Dressed in a crisp navy suit, with a fresh white shirt beneath the spotless jacket, I eyed his appearance in appreciation. Kissing my cheek, he grasped the handle of his mug and perched on the seat next to my own, gulping the coffee down within moments.

His arm was latched around my waist as we entered his office building. His other hand was stuffed into his trouser pocket as we entered. His arm left my waist as we moved past the lobby. Nobody but the driver and Felix's PA knew about us. I preferred for it to be kept private and after much persuasion, Felix gave in and accepted my request.

This was the first time I'd done something like this. It was the first time I was entering an actual relationship. I was so knew to it and I wanted it to be special, pure and only for our pleasure. Eventually, we entered his office, he took a seat at his desk and I stood in the corner, flicking through the files as went over the offers and conditions Felix had set.

A knock from the door had caused my eyes to travel upwards. My eyes narrowed as I stared at the man behind the glass door, unsure if it was really him. When the door had opened, I grasped onto the file tightly and felt my chest tighten. It was.

On entering, his eyes clashed with Felix's, then, almost as if he sensed my presence, his fiery gaze met my petrified gaze. His brows furrowed and his hand fisted at his side. His gaze hardened and I gulped down the lump of fear that formed in my throat.

"What the f*ck are you doing here, Evangeline?" Colton spoke in a deadly tone, his words filled with acid as his body turned to face my own. I felt my chest tighten as my knees almost buckled. "I-..." I couldn't form proper words.

If my brother found out about Felix and I, god knows what he'd do. My father and him had made it very clear about me dating. They simply didn't like the idea of it. So, careful to not make them angry, I never did. That was until I met Felix.

Felix stood up from his seat and Colton's eyes shifted fiercely. "What's she doing here?" He asked in a scarily low tone. Felix didn't flinch, he didn't even blink. Smoothly, he answered. "She's my lawyer."

I nodded when Colton's gaze returned to my own. If it weren't for Felix, god knows what I'd have said or done. When Colton was angry, nothing and no one could calm him down. "Is that it?" He barked with a cold laughter. "I've never known for you not
to go after something that was mine and she's my f*cking sister."

I was too frightened to try and question what he'd meant, but I knew the thought would come back at some point, when this situation had diffused. Felix shot my brother a stone cold look. "She's just my lawyer." Felix's gaze travelled to meet my own, he could see how scared I was and with one soft look that flashed for a mere second in his eyes, I was finally calm.

Colton eyed the two of us and without a word, he folded his arms and stared at the two of us with a hard gaze. "This meeting isn't going to last long." He spoke out.

"I've reconsidered. I'm not willing to concede. I'm fighting even more for that property." Felix's lips curled up into a cold sneer. His eyes lit up with a raging storm as he remained silent.

"Before I leave-..." Colton's voice was sharp. "I want to know one thing from my sister." His gaze turned to me, if softened a little bit, but still, it was harsh and dark. "Is he just a client?"

I'd never lied to my brother before. It was something I simply couldn't do. I couldn't bring myself to it. "Yes, he's just a client." But for Felix, I'd do anything.

----