[ 3 ]

T H E W O L F ' S L A M B

C H A P T E R T H R E E

-

S T A R I N G A T H I M with a dumbfounded look, I could feel my chest tighten and my cheeks fill with a crimson red blush. I wasn't sure I heard him right, so clearing my throat, I spoke. "W-what?"

Watching me with his eagle like eyes, Felix tilted his head back and rolled his shoulders, his soft lips parting as he spoke. The tone of his voice was deep and caused my heart strings to tighten, almost as though they were about to snap. "I need you to assist me with a contract that I'd like to be draw up."

Once I'd comprehended his words, I felt myself begin to turn a few deeper tones of red. Shaking my head, a small and polite smile stretched onto my lips as I pushed my seat back and attempted to lower myself onto the chair with even the smallest bit of grace.

My attempt was horrible. Fumbling on my heels, I stumbled back and all but threw myself into the leather cushion of the big black chair. Yelping at the sudden contact, I inwardly cursed myself for being so clumsy. Feeling Felix's eyes pierce into me, I awkwardly coughed and fiddled with a pen that lay idly on the glass desk.

Not daring to look up and meet his entrancing eyes, I clicked the end of the pen and listened to the noise as it echoed throughout the silent office. "Right." I whispered, my embarrassment getting the better of me. I wasn't sure how I was meant to come back from such a clumsy fall, especially when the man before me intimidated me with one stone cold look.

Watching him through the thickness of my lashes, Felix shifted in his seat and moved forwards. "I was informed that when it comes to negotiating contracts, you are the best. Was I wrongly informed?" Hearing his firm words, my head snapped upwards and I couldn't help but sink further into my seat.

I tucked a start stand of hair behind my ear, my large hazel eyes widening at the sound of his blunt statement. Despite being absolutely terrified, I was not going to remain completely silent. "You were not wrongly informed." Quirking a brow ever so slightly at him, Felix's cold stone facade never faltered, not even once.

"Good." Was his blunt reply and I felt myself relax all of a sudden. Remembering that this was my job, I straightened my posture and dragged a notepad towards me, the blue pen hovering over the naked paper as I stared back at Felix.

Matching the intense gaze that stared back at me, I opened my mouth and spoke. "What does the contract entail?" Diving into the discussion that involved the creation of the contract, I listened to Felix's words that only ever revealed the straight forward answer, nothing more or less.

I figured that he was an upfront man who didn't favour dragging on unnecessary details in a conversation which I truly admired. I'd never met a man with such a calm and cool exterior. One thing for sure was that he oozed authority and I never failed to forget that since it was portrayed every time he spoke or conducted a sleek action.

Rubbing his hand over the stubble upon his chin, a scratching sound occurred, followed by a hum at the sound of my answer to a question he'd just asked. Continuing to speak, I didn't interrupt but instead took the time to appreciate his exterior, wondering how on Earth a person could look that good.

A faint light shone onto his face, gifting him with a healthy glow. His hair was thick and glossy and it was a shade that was darker than any other I'd ever seen before. I liked the colour and I especially favoured the way he ran a hand through his messy hair which looked as though it couldn't ever be tamed.

Only a light outlook of the contract was discussed as before I could enquire who I was to present the contract to, Felix swiftly glanced down at his watch and cleared his throat. "I'm on a tight schedule." I took that as a sign that he was leaving and I stood up, holding my hand out for him to shake.

Felix rose like the sun did in the early hours of the morning and his sharp orbs eyed my hand before he lifted his larger hand and placed it against my own. A single touch caused my heart to race. I was unsure as to why such a feeling had occurred at the mere touch of a hand, but I chose not to question it.

Felix's head tilted to the side and a single strand and of his obsidian hair fell before his very eyes. "It was nice seeing you again, Evangeline." The deepness of his voice sent ripples down my spine. "I-yes, it was nice seeing you too." A genuine smile graced my lips as I watched the man under soft eyes.

Pulling his larger hand away to disappear into the depths of trousers pockets, he fixed his tie with the other hand and the tip of his lip curved. "I'd like to see you again." He told me and I felt as thought my lungs had been deprived of air.

Before I could speak, Felix swooped in. "For a further development of the contract." My eyes widened and I was so glad that I hadn't said anything before I made an even bigger fool of myself. I flashed him a tightly wound smile and nodded like a child. "Of course. I'll be in contact with you to arrange the next meeting." Felix nodded and then spun on the heels of his well polished shoes.

Striding across the room with power and pride as if he were a fierce lion, Felix reached for the door knob and pulled it open, leaving the room-with it, his cold and captivating aura.

Moments later, Andrew came barging in, his cheeks red and the look in his eyes mirroring a scared puppy who had heard an unbearably loud noise. "Wow." He breathed out, unable to believe that such a man had come barging in only a few moments ago, throwing off the environment of the whole office with his mere presence.

My chest rose up and down rapidly as I ran my fingers through my thick brown locks, attempting to grasp what had just happened when all I could really think was wow indeed. . .

---