[ 18 ]

T H E W O L F ' S L A M B

C H A P T E R E I G H T E E N

-

E N T E R I N G T H E
R E S T A U R A N T, I took in the glamours interior. Modern and chic, the room was a sight for sore eyes. The staff were all smartly dressed with not a single feature out of place. The music was light and soft, setting the intimate mood.

Gold drapes covered the walls, expensive chandeliers hung from the wooden ceilings and the floor clinked against the surface of my heels. Candles were placed in the centre of the clothed tables that draped to the ground.

I was led to the table in which Stefan occupied. Tipping back some water, he met my gaze and grinned. Emerald met honey, our eyes flashing. The tips of his lips curled upwards as he pushed his chair back and greeted me, stepping into the gap between us, his warmth wrapping around my body.

"You look amazing." He began, leaving a gentle kiss on my cheek. It felt different, contrasting with the fierce way Felix kissed me, letting me know just exactly who I belonged to, Stefan's kiss was soft, sweet. It was the kind of kiss I thought I'd crave, well, that was before I was properly kissed. Pushing Felix to the back of my mind, I smiled.

Stefan pushed the chair from under me, brushing his fingers over my bare shoulders as he retreated back to his chair. Nothing. He called over a waiter and ordered me a drink after asking what I'd liked. Felix never asked, he always knew exactly what I wanted.

Closing my eyes, I forced him from my thoughts yet again. The velvet material of the table cloth was lovely under my touch. I brushed circular motions against the table, leaning my cheek against my hand, propped up by bare elbow. "So tell me..." he began, brushing his blonde locks back, his emerald eyes flashing with interest. "Why did you change your mind?" After taking a small sip of wine, I sighed.

"I wanted to try something...different." I truly was. Stefan's laughter rang like bells, harping softly. His eyes shifted to meet my own again as he rolled his shoulders back. "Well, I'm glad." Firmly nodding, he picked up his menu and browsed through the options.

"I think I'd like the steak, and you?" I bit my lip, overwhelmed by the immensely different range of choices as I stated with a shaky breath. "I think I'll have the seafood fettuccine." Stefan nodded, calling over the waiter with a brisk gesture. I took the time to notice his appearance, appreciably.

His sharp features were fully on display. Unlike Felix, he preferred the clean and stubble free look. He looked kept and pristine. However, Felix always preferred the wild look, with apparent stubble that gave him a ruggedly handsome look and hair that looked good when it was left in any direction. Stefan's hair was slicked back and not a single strand was left out of place.

"I'm really glad you agreed to letting me wine and dine you." Stefan told me, desire looming in his forest green eyes. I offered him a grin, that soon widened as I evaluated the thoughts that swam around in my mind.

I titled my head to the side and blushed, a red tint spreading across my cheeks as I grew flustered. The test to prove my suspicions correct was a success and I knew that if I hadn't come out with Stefan, I'd have never have been able to realise the truth sooner.

It was a tiny, minuscule thing that truly weighed so much more than expected. Hiding amongst my angered thoughts, this discovery did well in concealing itself. It wasn't till a man who once had my affections took me out on a date to woe me with his handsome eyes and wonderful words that I realised the hidden truth.

The fact that my mind kept straying back to his possessive nature and sinfully beautiful eyes. The way he conducted himself when I was in his alluring presence and reminded me constantly that I was his with a simple devouring look or even the way his arm slipped around me, caging me to his side, I'd realised that I wasn't just infatuated with the beastly man whose mouthwatering grins reminded me of a Wolf's.

The date soon ended and I was taken home by Stefan, he didn't kiss me, and I was truly glad. But, instead of being dropped off at my own home, I was dropped off elsewhere. Stefan drove off and I immediately set off into a determined stride.

Stumbling up the steps in a hurry to get to the apartment door, my fists collided with the mahogany door. Footsteps nearer and I pulled my fist away. Pulled open fast, his large form came into my view.

Our eyes clashed, dark meeting with light, before he could react, I took the brave step, lunging towards him, pressing my lips to meet his. He responded fast, shutting the door as he pressed me against it. I was so deeply in love with Felix Wolfe.

----