[ 20 ]

T H E W O L F ' S L A M B

C H A P T E R T W E N T Y

-

E Y E S A B L A Z E M Y father seemed completely against my words. His fists clenched by his sides as he loomed over me, his tall frame towering over my own.

"Nonsense." His nostrils flared as he stared down at me through narrowed eyes. Anger swirled in eyes that I had only ever seen love and compassion swarm with. My chest tightened as fear spread throughout my withering body. Meeting his gaze, I stood my ground. "I've heard what people call you." My tone shocked him, but I didn't stop. "A devil." Soundly spitting out the word, my confidence grew. "How you landed mom, I'll never know. She's kind and understanding. You? You're anything but." Hurt flashed through his eyes but he composed himself fast, his body went rigid.

"Mom supports me. I can't understand why you don't. I'm not a little girl anymore. I know what I want and it's him. What Colton said was wrong. Felix isn't using me. I can tell because I know he cares about me. I love him. I don't understand why you can't accept that and until you don't see that, I don't want to talk to you. As long as I have Felix, I'll be absolutely fine." Before he could speak, I interrupted.

"What I fail to grasp is the fact that my whole live I've followed by your rules. I never disobeyed them and I never answered back. You asked me to walk, I'd walk. You asked me to run, I ran. I was a little girl and I knew I had to listen. But now, I'm a woman. Not a child. You can't continue to order me around. I won't allow you to dictate my every move any longer. If I want to be with the man I'm in love with, then I damn well, will." My father seethed with fury. Steam wafted from his ears as he glared at me. Firmly shaking his head, he spoke.

"You've changed." Noticing that that was all he was going to say, I scoffed. "I have and I'm glad about it." A cold silence settled between us. Our jaws clenched and our chests rose up and down profoundly. Nothing was going to suppress either of us anger.

My father was a stubborn man and I knew the only way to let him see my way, I had to leave him be, to cool down and realise how wrong he was. "I have nothing more to say to you." Scorched by my fiery words, my father briskly shifted his gaze. "All my life I've followed your rules. Not anymore. Till you see differently, I can't speak to you."

My father said nothing, instead, he took a moment to look me over. Betrayal seeped through him as he fled, leaving me to stand by myself. I sucked in the cool air, wrapping my arms tighter around my body.

It was then that I realised I wasn't alone. His heat warmed my body despite the distance that depressed us. I could feel his presence before I saw him. When I had, I turned in a flash, my eyes widened in shock as my lips closed tightly shut.

Felix stood by the doorway, his mouth parted as his chest rose up and down. "You heard?" Unable to utter anything more than the two frightened words, I watched Felix tipped his head back and forwards, nodding.

"I-..." I couldn't cover it up. He knew. His dark locks, almost obsidian curled over his forehead as his dark eyes blazed. I fully turned to face him, my fists grasping the marble railing behind me for support.

It was dark, almost black, if it weren't for the glimmering stars above, I'd have not been able to see his expression. Even now, I couldn't read him. The moon above illuminated his tan skin, he looked dauntingly beautiful.

Felix said nothing, then, he took off, storming towards me in a flash, his large arms enveloping me in his arms and then, he kissed me, more fiercely than he ever had before. "I love you."
I hadn't uttered those words. He had. With a knowing grin, he kissed me again and I sunk into his touch. It didn't matter if the world was against the two of us. What mattered was only him and I, and the blazing love between us.
----