[ 11 ]

T H E W O L F ' S L A M B

C H A P T E R E L E V E N

-

I T H I N K I was falling for Felix. Fast. It was all happening quicker than I could've ever imagined, honestly, it was something I could not help, not even in the slightest. Like a whirlpool, I was circling in rapidly, I wasn't quite near the centre of the raging chaos, but I was close.

It was the way Felix looked at me, with eyes that could pin me in the very spot and entrance me to never move. I was always lost in those stormy eyes of his and I never wanted to find my way out of them. He was a tough man. Made of steel and clad in iron.

Felix Wolfe, with just one look, could cause anyone to run back to where they came from with their tails between their legs. He never smiled, not for anyone but me. He was well mannered and held himself with a certain gentlemanly grace, that was why he was so respected.

But by god, when he was angry, everyone knew it. Felix had the type of presence that couldn't be missed. He rarely spoke to colleagues because he preferred not to. Felix was a lone wolf. On occasion, he'd associate himself with a very small circle.

I found that as I grew closer to him, I began to learn more about his mysteriously compelling character. I was intrigued and it didn't take a genius to know how enthralled I'd become with him. A small formed on my glossy lips as I released that he had been the experiencing the same enthralment as I am.

When he was with me, Felix Wolfe was not the persona in which he'd made himself out to be. Felix was kind and generous. Sure, he could smile more and use a more polite tone here and there, but to me, his beastly nature vanished, leaving not a single trace.

Felix and I had this undeniable connection that the both of us welcomed warmly. We couldn't go long without seeing each other and the moment I lay my eyes on him, the world around me faded away. Weirdly enough, I'd started to resent the desiring looks others would give Felix when he'd walk into a room with his undeniable presence.

However, it wasn't nearly as bad as the way Felix would threaten my admirers. With one deadly look and a sentence dropping with acid, the admirer would pale considerably and scramble away. His possessiveness was alarmingly attractive to me. I liked how wanted me to himself, just as I wanted him.

Strolling through the bustling streets with a tight grasp on the numerous shopping bags I'd acquired after a well deserved shopping spree, I clambered up the concrete stairs, pushing the metal bar and finally entered my floor. Fishing for my keys, which was a timely struggle, I unlocked the door and dropped the bags at the end of the hall, pushing the mahogany tinged door closed with my now-bare foot.

Padding across the carpeted door, I scooped my brown locks into a messy bun and shrugged my furry jacket off of my shoulders, throwing it onto the edge of my cream couch.

I was beyond exhausted and couldn't wait to enjoy a nice cup of coffee and out my feet up to rest. Whilst laying down, my eyes wavered across the coffee table, catching onto the page of a newspaper article that had suddenly caught my full attention.

Rounding the couch, I pried the paper out from the cluster of magazines that were sprawled across the coffee table and then shrunk back to read the intriguing article.