Chapter 15 - The Confession Incident

Dad and Eli had sensed the tension in the air and quickly excused themselves. Thanks, boys.

Riley on the other hand, dragged me up the stairs of my house and into my room. 

She locked the door behind us, her eyes watering, "Spill the beans, or else I'm going to murder you for real and you won't be able to come back like you just did."

 I told Riley everything. 

How I had met Eli, about the threats, Xavier, Andrea, being trapped in the mansion, drowning, everything.

Riley had tears running down her cheeks by the time I had finished telling her the whole story. She engulfed me into a hug, squeezing me like she was afraid I'd disappear. She pulled away, wiping her tears and laughing.

Then she smacked me. 

Multiple times.

With the math textbook that she had brought with her. 

I shielded myself with my hands, "Please, stop abusing me. I'd like to live to watch another episode of Supernatural," I laughed.

Holy. I had missed Supernatural so much. 

Riley didn't seem to be in the mood for jokes, "How could you keep all of this from me?" She shrieked.

I raised my hands up in protest, "First of all, it wasn't my idea. Secondly, I needed to make the death seem as real as possible! If you weren't crying, then it wouldn't have been that believable."

"Are you saying that I'm bad at acting?" Riley glared at me.

"No. I'm saying you're like Leonardo DiCaprio, you'll eventually win an Oscar, but it will take years of hard work and dedication."

Riley rolled her eyes taking a seat on my bed, shooting invisible bullets through my head.

I sat down beside her, "Are we good, Riles?"

"We never stopped being good, V," Riley smiles, squeezing my hand.

I asked Riley why she was out so early, it was barely past seven in the morning. She told me that unlike me, someone who was supposed to be dead, she had to go to school. I had completely forgotten that school existed. I guess faking your death did that to you. 

Riley pulled me into another embrace before pulling away and beginning to wriggle her eyebrows suggestively. I had a feeling I knew what she was going to say next.

"So, Val...what's going on with you and Eli? What do you think of him?"

Yep, just what I thought.

"I think he's cool," I shrugged nonchalantly.

"Do you think he's hot?" Riley smirked, "Personally, I think he looks like quite the snack."

I burst into laughter, "Honey, you need to meet him, I'm sure you'll find that he's more like a mushroom."

"Ooh. Does that mean he's a fun-gi?" 

Why was I surrounded with Pun Masters? 

"That wasn't funny." It kinda was.

"It was."

"Nope."

"Okay, cut the crap, Val. I know you like him."

I shook my head, denying it. 

I hadn't exactly gotten the chance to think it through. I hadn't known him for very long, but I guess, I had slowly begun to warm up to Eli.

Riley suddenly tackled me, "Say it!"