Chapter 20 - The Final Incident

I woke up against a really rigid pillow.

I opened my eyes and nearly fell off of the bed in surprise. I had been laying against Eli's torso, He had an arm loosely wrapped around my waist. I knew for certain that I had fallen asleep alone and that Eli had gone to his room.

When and how he'd snuck in? I would never know.

Eli looked adorable while he was asleep. His hair was all over the place. I couldn't control myself so I traced his jaw and ran a hand through his hair. How the hell was his hair silkier than mine? I would have to ask him what conditioner he used because my hair was brittle as hell.

How did I ever manage to get someone like him? He was literally angelic.

"Take a picture, Buttercup, it'll last longer," Eli smirked, his eyes closed.

I blushed like a tomato, pulling away and checking the time, it was a little after twelve in the afternoon. There wasn't any school thankfully because everyone was getting ready for prom.

Prom.

Crap.

I tried and failed to leap out of my bed. Eli had tightened his grip around my waist.

"Eli, let go of me. I need to figure out what to wear to prom!" I exclaimed.

Eli kept his eyes shut, "You can wear whatever you're wearing now, I don't care. Just stay here with me."

"Eli, I want to dress up and look good, stop being a turd."

"Buttercup, you know what you look really good in?"

"What?"

"My arms."

"You're such a goofball," I couldn't help but laugh, "Eli, I need to buy a dress, please let go of me."

"Mhm, no."

"Alright," I sighed, "Dad!"

Eli sat up immediately and tried to fix up his hair. He wanted to seem like the perfect boyfriend in Dad's eyes, waking up beside me probably wouldn't leave the best impression. In getting up, Eli had also let go of me.

I shook my head, standing up, "You're so gullible, sweetheart. My dad isn't at home, he's at work."

Eli groaned, falling back on my bed, "You're the vilest person I know."

"You love me though," I smirked.

Eli grabbed my arm as I turned to leave, pulling me in for a kiss, "Unfortunately, I do."

I wiped my mouth in mock disgust, "Ew, don't kiss me. Go brush your teeth."

"My morning breath is amazing, you should appreciate it," Eli told me.

I rolled my eyes telling him I'd probably be going out to buy my dress. He nodded absentmindedly, closing his eyes. I rushed out of my room and freshened up in the washroom. I headed down the stairs, into the kitchen for breakfast and called Riley.

"RILEY!" I screamed through the new phone Dad had bought me.

I heard Riley suck in a sharp breath, "Geez, I did not want to burst an eardrum this early in the morning,"

"It's the afternoon, and I need you to help me pick out a dress for prom!"

"Oh, crap! I need to pick out mine too," Riley groaned.

Ladies and gentlemen, two procrastinators at their finest. We had a quite reasonable excuse though, facing off the city's greatest criminal and all.