fifty-eight

i fall apart

i fall apart.

_____

FIFTY-EIGHT.

Johnny ran over to her house like his life depended on it. He was drenched in sweat but the issues were big so he could've cared less.

He knocked on the door, not caring about her parents being home.

Luckily, she opened it and her mom wasn't home.

"Kenzie!" He rushed inside and embraced her into a tight hug. It was an odd sight to see Johnny so affectionate.

He grabbed her face, getting her full attention. "I care about you, okay?"

She nodded and gave a weak smile. She was still emotionally dysfunctional.

He let go of her face and sat on the nearest couch. Everything was happening too fast. He was stressed and worn out. He no longer felt like a skinny legend.

"I really don't want kids at fucking eighteen." He sighed, sinking into the couch.

She didn't respond, her mind too clouded. Johnny knew her lack of speech had something to do with Sophia.

"Kenzie," he grabbed her hand. "You're not a toy."

She immediately snatched her hand away, his touch burning holes through her skin.

He was taken back by her actions. His eyes softened as he furrowed his eyebrows. "I lost your trust, didn't I?"

"You played with the fact that I like you, Johnny." Her tone shocking him. "You played with my feelings  like it was a game. You actually gave me hope that maybe someday you'll need me like I need you."

"But, Pup..." his voice faded. "I do need you."

She scoffed. "You only need me to 'come over.' That's all you need me for."

He was choked up.

Sophia really spilled some tea.

"Okay, can we solve one problem at a time?"

"Whatever." She huffed.

Her new attitude really had Johnny conflicted. He had never seen her so irritated and annoyed with him. It was usually the other way around.

He pulled out a pregnancy test from his pocket. "I got it on my way here." He handed it to her. "Go use this."

She bitterly grabbed the pregnancy test before rushing into the bathroom.

And their anxiety begins.

Waiting.

Waiting.

Still waiting.

Waiting some more.

Damn, can this bitch hurry up.

"Kenzie, are you okay?" He yelled through the door.

She opened the door and hurried to the couch. "It hasn't shown anything yet."

They stared at it, anticipating two lines and a baby.

They were focused yet scared, this was deciding their future. She bit her lip nervously, looking away as if she already knew what to expect.

Finally, they got the results.

His eyes widened.

"There's one line."

____

END OF CHAPTER.

VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE!

A/N: wow this chapter was so intense, alexa order me a boneless pizza from dominos😔