03- Doing Something Like A Normal Teenager

Alex Anderson. Golden hair, forest green eyes, and in all his glory was standing at my door looking at me while I stared at him wondering, why he was here?

"Um.. hi, can I help you?" I asked.

"Well, I'm supposed to be picking up my sister is this the wrong house?" he asked and before I could answer Daisy yelled "Alex!"

"You came, finally!" she said.

"Um, can someone explain what's going on?" I asked confused.

"This is my big brother Alex!" exclaimed Daisy.

"Um... So you're here to pick her up?" I asked.

"Yeah," he replied casually as if this was not the craziest thing ever! Then he became wide-eyed. 

"You're the girl with the romance books." he realized.

"Um.. yeah that's me," I replied trying not to be embarrassed by what he remembered me by.

"I didn't recognize you without your glasses," he said.

I only needed my glasses for distance.

"It's ok", I answered awkwardly. 

"Oh, by the way, my mom told me to give this to you," he said, handing me at least 4 $10 bills.

"No, no, you don't have to pay me, I just do it for fun," I answered, waving the money away.

"Well my mom told me to give you and I'm not about to disobey her, so you better take it you can do whatever you want with it, just confirm that I gave you," he explained.

"Fine," I answered, taking the money begrudgingly.

"What's your name?" he asked.

"Angela" I answered.

"I'm Alex," he said as if I didn't already know that.

"I know," I answered.

"Bye Angela!" yelled Daisy at the top of her lungs. Then to Alex, "Come on, LET'S GO!!"

"Ok, ok I'm coming," he answered. "Bye Hazel."

"It's Angela!" I yelled, he just rolled his eyes and ignored me.

While I was trying to wrap my head around what just happened, Becky started being her annoying self.

"OooOooo, do you like him?" she asked, wiggling her eyebrows. 6-year-olds can be so immature.

"No! Of course not." I said a little too quickly. 

"Jeez, you think I like everyone," I said rolling my eyes. "Time for bed!"

"Aww, do I have too?" asked Becky.

"Yes you do" I answered dragging her to her room. "Good night!"

"Night," she muttered obviously annoyed she had to go sleep. Soon, I heard snoring. 

"Finally, I can read my books!" I whispered to myself and picked up where I left off on my book and then I heard the door open.

"Angela! I'm back how was the babysitting?" my mom asked.

I came down the stairs, "It was cool." I answer. "Anyway, since you're here I can now go to sleep, good night!"

"Good night, sweetheart". My mom said.

-The Next Morning-

*Beep beep beep*

Ugh! That annoying sound! Stupid alarm clock won't let a girl sleep for 5 minutes more. I felt the urge to throw it away but then where would I get another one? So I "calmly" stopped it and got out of bed. And by calmly I mean aggressively and forcefully. I started eating breakfast as I waited for Roxy to come.