21- Dressed As An Angel

"So.." I started trying to make a conversation. "Where are we going?"

"Somewhere." Was his simple reply.

"Ok, then." I then reached for the radio. "Can I?"

He glanced over at me and nodded. I changed it to my favorite station where they were currently playing 'Treat You Better'.

"You like this song?" He asked.

"Mhm." I nodded humming along to it

"Cool."

This was awkward, was it just me? Why was it always awkward? Was I the one making it awkward?

♡♡♡

"Here we are." He said stopping the car.

I looked out to see that we were at the froyo and Ice cream shop that was on the outskirts of town.

"Omg. I love this place." I exclaimed.

He chuckled, "Glad you like it. Now come out of the car so we can order something and talk."

"About?"

"Whatever you want."

I only wanted to talk about how I magically gained feelings for him out of nowhere.

But I obviously was going to do that because let's be real there's no way on earth that he would ever have feelings for me. Not even a tiny bit.

"Hello? Hazel?" He waved his hand in front of my face and I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Huh?"

"Oh good, I lost you for a second there."

"Sorry. Let's go." I said turning a red a bit.

He chuckled and exited the car and I did the same.

♡♡♡

We entered the little shop and went straight up to the counter.

"Hi, can I get chocolate ice cream?" He asked.

"Of course." Said the boy behind the counter, whose name tag read 'Eddie'. "And the lady?"

"Um, I'll have strawberry with caramel syrup, please," I told him. 

♡♡♡

We sat down at a booth quietly and I worked on devouring my ice cream. I heard a chuckle and raised my head to find Alex looking at me and trying to keep in his laughter.

"What?"

"It's cute how you're so focused on the ice cream," he replied.

I felt my face burn up. "Shut up," I muttered.

His eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Are you okay? Do you have a fever or something? Your face is red." He placed the back of his palm on my forehead with a smirk.

"I'm fine," I told him rolling my eyes knowing he was joking around.

"You're coming to the Halloween party this week right?" he said bringing up our conversation from over the weekend.

I shrugged. "Sure, why not."

"And you'll be dressed as an angel right?" he asked.

"Mhm." I nodded.

"Ok, good."

♡♡♡

It was the day of the party that everyone had been so excited about this whole week, it had better be as good as it was being hyped up about.