27- Can We Eat The Cake Now?

~about a month later~

"Happy birthday, honey." My mom came into my room, cake in her hands, and my sister trailing behind her.

"Thanks, mom," I said with a smile blowing out the candles and making a wish.

"Happy birthday, meanie," Becky said and I laughed with a roll of my eyes.

"Thanks."

"Can we eat the cake now?"

"Sure, but you two need to get ready for school." My mom said, walking back downstairs with the cake in her hands.

"Fine," Becky said and quickly ran out of my room.

I quickly got ready for the day, leaving my hair down for once and wearing my usual hoodie and jeans. Then I went downstairs, taking a piece of cake, kissing my mom's cheek, and running outside because I was about to be late again.

"Sorry, sorry. There was cake." I said, entering the car and giving Alex a small peck.

"Guess that's acceptable." He grinned, "Also, happy birthday, Hazel."

"Thank you! Now start driving or we're going to be late again." I told him and he quickly started driving.

Luckily, we arrived at school with a few minutes to spare and I breathed a sigh of relief because we sorta had a habit of being late every day.

"Happy birthday, girl. You're finally old enough to hang out with us cool kids." Roxy joked and I rolled my eyes.

"Thanks, guys." I smiled as we walked to our different classes.

After school, Roxy and Mia decided to take me to the ice cream cafe but Alex and his friends said they had somewhere to be that couldn't be postponed. I frowned but covered it up and decided to enjoy the night, it was my birthday after all.

Then Mia had to leave because her dad wanted her home so I was left alone with my best friend, Roxy like it used to be.

"Hey we should get going," she told me around thirty minutes after Mia left.

"Ok, let me just get frozen yogurt for Becky then we can go," I told her and she nodded.

We arrived at my house but all the lights were off and I frowned opening the door with my key. Where were my mom and sister?

I turned on the lights and got a jumpscare when everyone came out yelling, "SURPRISE!"

"Oh my god, you guys scared me," I said, placing a hand over my chest to stop my heart from beating so fast.

"Happy birthday, Angela." They chorused.

"Thank you guys so much this is amazing," I said, grinning.

"Happy birthday, Hazel." Alex came up to me hugging me and placing a kiss on my forehead.

"Thank you so much. I can't believe it this is amazing!" I exclaimed while walking over to the table where all the food was.

Then they all started singing happy birthday to me and I just stood there with an awkward smile on my face as one usually has when this happens.

I blew out the candles of the cake and made a wish, again.

"Thank you!" I don't know how many times I had said that today, but I felt so grateful to have amazing friends like them. "Now, can we eat?"

"Sorry, Hazel but we're going somewhere. We'll come back later." Alex said, taking a hold of my hand.