17- Are You On Your Period?

"Good morning Hazel." Alex greeted me as I sat down in his car. "How are you doing on this fine morning?"

"It's Monday," I said.

"So?"

"Anyway, drive. Just because I hate school doesn't mean I should be late."

He just nodded and sped off.

"Oh my god, Alex slow down," I yelled fearing for my life.

I might actually die today. Oh Lord, forgive me for stealing the Sour Patch from Becky's stash. It was just too good to resist.

"Well it's not my fault you told me to hurry up," he replied with a shrug.

"Ok? But that doesn't mean you get to drive so fast."

He sighed and slow down.

"Sorry, Hazel. Didn't know you got motion sickness."

I glared at him, "What are you talking about?"

"You look a little pale." he replied, "Are you ok?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. That's how I always look if you haven't noticed."

He nodded his head.

"Here we are. That wasn't so bad now was it?" he said looking smugly.

"Yes, yes it was. I feel dizzy how can you survive going so fast?"

I'm genuinely curious.

"I was going slow for you." I stared at him like he had grown two heads.

"Slow? That was slow for you." he nodded looking confused.

"Then I don't want to see you go fast." I shuddered.

"That's what she said," he smirked.

"But not to you."

He frowned and opened his mouth to answer when I heard a knock on my side of the window.

I turned to see the gang all sporting knowing looks. I wind down the window.

"Get out of the car lovebirds before school starts," Chase said.

"W-what? We're not lovebirds." I stuttered feeling my face getting red.

"Really Hazel? We're not lovebirds?" Alex said looking really hurt.

Was he joking around or was he serious? He looked really serious.

"We are. Ugh! I mean we're not. Come on let's get to class before the bell rings." I said hoping to cause some distraction from my embarrassing moment.

Why did this always happen to me?

Why am I so awkward? Ugh!!!

I opened the car door wary of everyone else behind it.

"Move your fat selves away from the door before I hit you guys and you all die," I yelled at them and they all scooted away looking scared.

"Wow, Hazel I never knew you were so feisty."

"Shut up." I glared.

"Why so moody today Hazel?" he asked.

Ugh! I do not want to have this conversation.

He gasped. uh oh, I think he figured it out.

"Are you on your period?"

"Oh my god, can you like please just shut up?" I said annoyed, "You always have something to say that doesn't make sense and you always want to find a way to annoy me. Just leave me lone what did I ever do to you." I was yelling now, he really got on my nerves.

He looked crushed, "You don't mean that." he said in a low voice.

"Yes, I do I very much mean that." I glared.

Should I feel bad? Oh my god! I feel really bad. I'm such an evil person.

Well, he deserved that. He always had something annoying to say.

The angel and devil in me were arguing now.

He looked really crushed. Like he was about to cry... Isn't he a big boy? Why does he look like a seven-year-old when someone steals his lollipop.

"Um.. are you ok?"

"You kids think I wouldn't catch you skipping school?" a voice yelled from across the lot.

Uh oh. It was Mr. Barrington. The principal.

"W-what? We weren't skipping." I said trying to defend myself. "We were late we just came to school."

"Nice try. Detention after school. And don't try to skip that because I'll find out."

We all groaned. We weren't even trying to skip school we were just talking.

"I thought you were a good kid Angela." he shook his head. "It's always the quiet ones."

Hey! Why is he targeting me?

Alex spoke up. "Sorry sir, we weren't skipping. We were just trying to cheer up our friend because she is on her period and said it hurts."

I looked at him in horror.

What. The. Fudge?!

Everyone else nodded in agreement as I glared at them all.

He looked embarrassed now.

"Ah. I'm sorry about your predicament but next time please try not to miss out on class," he said his face red as he walked back into the school.

Why is he the one that looks embarrassed? I'm mortified. I can't believe he just said that.

"What. The. Fudge?" I yelled feeling ready to smack the life out of him.

He started laughing. The bastard started freaking laughing.

"Bye guys we're gonna go now. We don't want to get into any more trouble." Roxy said waving as they all left leaving Alex and me in his car.

"What no guys don't leave me with her," he yelled but they ignored him laughing at his predicament.

"Why would you say that?" I asked, "That was really embarrassing."

"I'm sorry, Hazel. It was the only thing could think of at the moment. I know you didn't want to get detention."

He looked genuinely sorry.

I sighed. I forgive you but please don't do that next time. Now can we get to class before we're even later?"

"Of course. But I just have one question."

"Shoot."

"Are you on your period?"

"Alex!" I yelled.

"What? I just want to know." he grinned.

"Yes, I am. Now leave me alone." I said my cheeks flushing red.

"Does it hurt?"

"Sometimes," I admitted.

"Wanna skip school?" he asked.

"Why are we having this conversation?"

He laughed.

"Let's go in before we get in trouble."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey there! Don't forget to vote!