08- Well Hello There, Gorgeous

"Hey, Angie," Roxy said, as I got into school on Tuesday and I glared at her.

"You know I hate being called that," I said.

"Anyway, how did you like going to school with Alex?" she asked and I sighed.

Yes, you heard right. I came to school with him and it was all because our parents decided we needed some "bonding" time and told us to come to school together. It was all because they saw me tutoring him and they thought we were getting along swimmingly. Not to mention that it was seriously the worst school ride ever, he was so annoying. He kept playing the music loudly or sing loudly though I had to admit he could sing pretty well. Unlike me.

Then when we got to school, the girls that worshipped him started glaring at me and spreading rumors. I seriously hate rumors and being the center of attention but right now, that was all that was happening.

"It sucked, he was seriously annoying."

"You'll get used to him, and then you'll fall in love and get married and live happily ever after with your three kids," she said and I stared at her like she was a maniac because she was talking like one.

"That's never gonna happen, so let's just get to class," I said and dragged her along with me.

Oh, and did I fail to mention that Alex and friends were in my first-period class? Great. Just great.

"Hello class, today we have a new student." said our ELA teacher, Ms. Carla. "Please come in."

A girl with black braids, brown eyes, and brown skin walked in.

"Uh, hi. My name is Mia Fields and I just moved here from Canada. I hope to have a good time here." she said and smiled nervously. 

"Nice to meet you, Mia, you can take a seat next to Angela. Angela, please raise your hand." Ms. Carla said. I raised my hand and she sat down next to me.

"Hi, I'm Angela, as you can probably tell," I said and smiled at her.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you," she said. "I hope we can be friends."

"I hope so too," I told her.

💟💟💟

I sat down at our lunch table and Mia sat next to me.

"Hey Rox, you already know Mia right?" I asked and she waved.

"Nice to meet you," Roxy said.

Just then, the three most annoying people decided to drop by at our table.

"Hey, Hazel," Alex said sitting down next to me on the other side and I sighed.

"Hi."

"Well hello there, gorgeous," Chase said winking at Mia.

"Um hi," she said.

"I'm Chase, pleased to meet your acquaintance," Chase said.

Uh, what the heck is going on? And why is Chase acting like a gentleman?

This is really weird.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Mia."

"I know I was in your class."

"Oh, I didn't see you." she apologized.

"It's alright."

And then they started a conversation totally ignoring the rest of us. 

Wow. No surprise there.

"So Hazel, how was your day?" Alex asked reaching to steal my fries.

"It was good, and get your hands away from my food," I said.

"Just one," he said

"Then why don't you go get lunch," I said.

"Because the school lunch is gross."

"Then bring yours," I told him.

"I don't know how to cook," he said.

I scoffed and looked at him only to realize he was actually being sincere.

"Fine." I agreed. "Just one."

💟💟💟

"So you want to join a club?" I asked Mia as we walked down the hall.

It was after school and I was going to Robotics Club while also waiting for Alex to be done with his sports.

"Yeah, do you have any suggestions?" she asked.

"Well, what do you like to do?"

"I like art," she answered.

"Well then there you go, you can join the art club," I exclaimed.

"Ok, just one question."

"What is it?" I inquired.

"Where is it?"

"Oh, follow me. I'll show you." I told her.

"Thank you," she said.

"No problem. Do you have anyone to take you home? Or are you driving?" I asked.

"I'm driving," she said.

"Ugh, lucky. my mom won't even let me drive even though I already passed the drivers test." I said. "She's scared I'll crash her car."

"There, there. My dad thought the same thing until I turned 17," she said.

"I'm pretty sure my mom won't let me drive. She's literally forcing me to come to school with Alex." I told her.

"So, what's the deal with you and Alex?" she asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Is he your boyfriend?" she questioned.

"What? No, never." I said feigning a shudder.

"You sure?" she said and I nodded. "So what's the deal with him calling you Hazel."

"I don't know, he's been calling me that ever since I met him."

"Eh, whatever. I still ship the both of you" she said and I groaned.

"Anyway," I said happy to change the topic. "We're here."

"Thanks, I'll see you around," she said.

"See ya."

"We'll continue this conversation tomorrow," she said before slipping into the room.

I walked towards the room where the Robotics club, was which conveniently was a few rooms away.

"Ugh, do you seriously not take this club seriously?" questioned Louise as soon as I walked into the room.

Ugh, seriously I've had enough of her negativity.

"Well, I'm sorry I was showing a new student around the school. What about you? What good did you do today?" I said sarcastically and Noah chuckled.

"Uh," she said blankly and I smiled.

"It's ok. Just stop jumping to conclusions."

"Anyway since you're done with your 'inspiration to others speech' can we start?" said Max, another member of our club.

"Yeah, sure."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hey there! Don't forget to vote! <3