20- Red as Blood or Ketchup or Tomatoes or Red Paint or a Rose

20- Red as Blood or Ketchup or Tomatoes or Red Paint or a Rose

Wait, what?

What the heck? I actually like Alex! When did this happen?

Oh my god! I'm just like every other girl he meets.

I groaned and smacked my head with my palm.

Stupid, stupid, stupid!

How could I fall for him and his dumb charm?

I groaned as I buried my head into my pillow, tomorrow was going to be a long day.

❣❣❣

I walked into school tired the next day I spent all night thinking trying to come up with ways to stop liking Alex. I mean, I never thought that I would like him.

I only liked people that were called Why Don't We.

"Hey, what's up. You look like you got no sleep last night." Roxy appeared by my side.

"Probably because I didn't."

"Why? You only do that when there's a new Why Don't We song coming out." She said. "Wait, was there a new song?"

Well, she was right I never really stayed up. Should I tell her the real reason for my lack of sleep? She was my best friend.

"No, there's no new song, sadly," I said and she chuckled.

"So, what is it?" She asked, becoming serious.

"Um, let's go somewhere private," I said leading her to the janitor's closet.

"So, what's up?"

"This might come off as a surprise because it was to me but I think I like Alex," I said.

Oh god. I said it out loud I guess it's official now.

She squealed and I mean squealed like a super loud noise that almost pierces your eardrums.

"Finally my ship is going to come true." She rejoiced.

I frowned, "Why are you even happy? He doesn't like me. Like at all he only sees me as a friend."

"Well then maybe we should change that." She said her eyes sparkling the way they did when she got an idea which was usually a crazy one. But I guess I was desperate enough to want to know.

"What are you thinking?" I asked.

"Maybe a makeover to show him what he's missing." She said and I shook my head.

"Why not?" She insisted.

"Because then I'll be like every other girl in this school that tries to gain his attention and I don't want to be like that," I explained.

"Well, that was the only idea I had." She said.

"It's fine I'll just get over him." I smiled, "Now let's get to class before we're late."

♡♡♡

I took my lunch tray and went to say down with my group of friends who were already eating and talking amongst themselves.

I was late to lunch because I had a little run-in with Diamond warning me to stay away from Alex. I guess now I know she really doesn't like me. And now it's even worse now that I know I like Alex because I feel like she's an actual threat now.

I don't even know why because Alex already cleared up that he strongly disliked her but I feel like one day he'll get tired of hanging out with me and just decide to leave me for Diamond.

"Hey, Hazel." He grinned as I sat down at my usual spot which was next to him.

"Hi," I said blushing. I really liked it when he called me Hazel.

Why was I blushing though? I had no idea. There might as well be a giant sign on my forehead indicating that I had a massive crush on him.

"What took you so long? I was beginning to worry that you got lost or something." He said.

"Well I didn't, I just had to take care of some things," I said.

"Well, goodie. I can't stand being alone with them." He pointed to the two couples.

Roxy and Ethan were cuddling with each other while Mia and Chase were flirting with each other.

I scrunch my nose. I wouldn't want to be stuck alone with them either.

He laughed at my expression.

"You're cute." He chuckled.

Omg. He just called me cute. I could feel my face turning red at the moment it was probably as red as blood or ketchup or tomatoes or red paint or a rose, well you get the idea.

"So, doing anything after school?" He asked.

"Yeah tutoring you," I said stuffing my face with pizza.

I stopped realizing that I probably looked like a crazy homeless person that hasn't eaten in a week.

No offense to homeless people though.

"Are you gonna eat that?" Alex asked, staring at my pizza that was still in mid-air.

"Uh yeah," I said finishing the rest of the pizza.

"What a shame. I wanted it." He said.

Why did it feel so awkward? Was it just me?

Then the bell rang signifying the end of the lunch period and I threw out my lunch and walked with Alex to my next class which we had together.

"I'm taking you somewhere after school." He told me.

"Where?" I asked.

"Somewhere on earth." He replied and I rolled my eyes.

"That's not a proper answer."

"Actually it is because I am taking you somewhere on earth." He smirked.

"Whatever, you're weird."

♡♡♡

"Hey, Hazel ready?" Alex said leaning against the lockers.

"Ready for what?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Told you I was taking you somewhere." He said. "Now, let's go."

I sighed, "Alright, let's go."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, guys sorry for the inconsistent updates school has been crazy. Anyways I hope you liked this chapter.

If so, don't forget to give it a vote!

And listen to Niall Horan's new album "Heartbreak Weather".

And don't forget to stay safe.