10- It'll Ruin Your Pretty Face

"So what did Ethan want to talk about during lunch?" I asked Roxy as we were going home. Alex had basketball practice so he couldn't take me home.

Not that I cared. I was just happy I didn't have to tutor him.

"We're back together." she finally revealed.

"What? And you didn't tell me."

"He said that he was sorry and that he didn't want to lose me and that he was stupid for letting me go because I was the best thing that ever happened to him."

"And you believe him? What if he breaks your heart again." I bombarded her with questions.

"I'll be fine. Don't worry about me," she said. "Anyway, we're here."

I got out of the car.

"Bye, see you tomorrow." I waved and opened the door to my house.

"Hi honey." my mom greeted ad I walked in. "Daisy is coming over again for a playdate with Becky."

"Ok. Is there anything else?"

"Your father wants to spend the weekend with you and your sister," she said.

What?

"I don't want to." I told her, "He probably just wants me to meet his new daughter and expects us to be the best of friends."

"Honey, you should do it. Try to mend your relationship with him." my mom said. I looked at her. She looked tired she was always working just to get some money for our family ever since my father left 2 years ago.

Yes, 2 years when Becky was just 3 years old. It was sad Becky cried so much because she didn't want to see him leave.

Apparently, he had found a better wife and left us alone to fend for ourselves.

"Fine, I'll go, but don't expect me to love his new family," I told her.

"Yes, honey I know. I don't expect you to. but I expect you to at least try and be nice to them."

"Fine."

💟💟💟

"So now I have to go see my dad and his other daughter which I'm pretty sure hates me," I explained to Roxy and Mia.

"You'll probably get used to it, but it'll be weird at first, that's what happened when my dad first introduced Yolanda to me." Mia said," I was raging mad because I thought she was trying to replace my mom."

"But I don't want to get used to it. It's already weird enough that my parents aren't together." I whined.

"Don't worry if his daughter is being a bitch just tell us. We'll fight her for you." Roxy said and I smiled, grateful to have friends like them.

"Thank you but stop cursing." I scolded. "It's bad for your health and your grammar."

They both started laughing.

It was not that funny.

" What are we laughing about?" Ethan asked as he and his friends say down with us.

"Oh nothing, just Angela here saying that cursing is bad for our health and grammar," Rozy said sobering up.

Then she started laughing again.

I huffed.

"You guys are mean." I frowned.

"Now now Hazel." Alex said, "Stop frowning. It'll ruin your pretty face."