~5~

"Mmph, mmm, Noah." A small smile spreads across my face as my beautiful Little Mate snuggles into my chest. I lightly caress her cheekbone, causing her tiny nose to crinkle. She throws her hand over my chest and rests it on my shoulder. I look down and groan as the little problem grows into a bigger problem. I hate heat, for the plain reason that it's painful without her. I just wish she would wake up and kiss me good morning, but I know the moment she opens her eyes, I'll be chased away.

"I should've found you sooner, maybe then you would've given me a fighting chance. Your new beau won't be able to compete against me, I'm your mate. I love you, he doesn't." I whisper whilst studying her face; open mouth with pink lips moist due to the frequent licks she gives it, eyelashes brushing against her cheekbones as her nose crinkles and releases. Soft snores escape past her luscious lips. Her neck is exposed, proudly displaying my mark.

"Noah, it's rude to stare." My body goes numb and rigid simultaneously. It seems as if I am in a shocked trance. She's awake.
She always informs me of how my creepy staring is rude, yet cute whenever I wake up before she does. She also used to say that she found it adorable how dazed I always look whilst staring at her devine features.

"I-" Her warm hand reaches out for mine, eyes still tightly shut.

"Shh, just... Just allow me to enjoy this feeling." A slow grin starts to form, stretching my cheeks. I lightly peck her forehead and squeeze her hand held in mine. I suppress a frustrated groan as her legs wrap around my waist and she hoists herself up and onto my torso. She lets out a large exhale and pushes her face into my neck. My other hand instinctively rockets towards her silky raven black locks to run my greedy fingers through it, slightly tugging and twirling to her pleasure. She loves it when I play with her hair. I can feel the goosebumps rise over her bare arms.

"Did you-"

"Yes, I heard. Let's not dwell on such matters whilst I'm willingly cuddling you. Shut up and enjoy." She mumbles, still audible with her face shoved into my neck. I feel her sharp inhales and immediately know she's sniffing me. She always did that whenever we cuddled, because she loved my scent. Loved. It's a foreign concept to me, but I will rewrite what I did and recreate the love in the present.

"Yes, M'am." A smirk rests upon my lips and my eyelids droop back down to darken my sight. Slumber soon crashes over me like a wave against the shore nearby.

~*~*~*~

"Noah, wake up." I grunt and run my hands up and down the back of the heated body strewn on top of me.

"Love, can't we stay like this for the rest of the day, please?" I grumble, flipping her over onto her back so I can easily throw my arm over her waist to keep her in place.

"I have to go to work." She mumbles unconvincingly.

"Work-shmork. Love me." I complain into her ear and she giggles, haphazardly pushing my face away.

"No, I need to go." She moves to stand up, but I swiftly follow her and throw her over my shoulder.

"Let's at least take a shower first." I taunt, walking to the bathroom. She starts lightly slapping my back and wildly kicks her legs about.

"No! Noah, we aren't taking a shower togeth- ah! Cold, cold, cold , cold, cold- Noah, no! Put your pants back- Eek!" She slaps her eyes closed with her cupped hands and I can't help but burst into a fit of laughter at the drenched cat-look she has. Her hair is hanging in strings in front of her face and her underwear is soaked beyond words. I immediately lowered her into the shower after switching it on, which means the water didn't warm up yet. The spray is still repeatedly pelting her head, but all she's concentrating on is not to open her eyes.