~17~

"Noah, I need you in my office. Now." The tenor of my father's rough voice resonates through our bedroom. Blaze groans, snuggling into my chest with her nails digging into it since she usually clutches onto my shirt.

"Don't you mean my office." I carefully sneak out from underneath Sleeping Beauty and make my way outside into the living room of the Alpha's quarters.
He glares at the closed door where I left Blaze, huffing with anger like a bull seeing red.

"You really should get rid of that mutt. She doesn't belong with an Alpha. She's using you, Son." I growl at my father, trying to keep Hunter from lashing out and possibly killing him for what he just suggested.

"She is not a mutt and disrespecting the woman I love, the Luna of this pack... It's punishable by lifetime imprisonment." I warn, thinking about the different ways to rip his heart out.

"Careful, Son. She hasn't undergone the ceremony yet, I wouldn't throw the title around like that to just any mutt. What about that Veronica girl? She seems to be a more suitable mate and now here you are, shacking up with an Omega, a worthless pup who's probably sleeping with that Warrior of yours." My claws dig into my palms as I try to resist the urge to rip out his tongue for speaking of the very person who tore me and Blaze apart in the first place, brushing off his insinuation of her relationship with Aiden.

"Call her a mutt one more time and you'll be a flying wolf." I whisper harshly, not wanting to wake Blaze and cause her to be confronted by my father.

"Oh, please, Noah. You don't have the cheek to lay a finger on me. You're afraid, you always have been, always will be." He chuckles darkly, taking a daunting step closer to bark in my face like the street mutt he is.

"I should have killed you when I had the chance, Boy." He spits out, roughly shoving my chest, yet only accomplishing in pissing me off even more.

"Funny, I recall you begging for your worthless life nearly ten years ago and this is the first I've seen your sneer since then." I move closer, ready with an onslaught of ego-crushers, enough to make any Alpha crumble in shame.

"Tell me, Father, did it hurt when your pack cheered for me? Did it burn when Mother came to check on me even though I didn't have a scratch? Did you feel powerless when the blood ran down your chest, knowing I could have easily finished you off and nobody would notice. Nobody would have reacted. Does it eat at you, the fact that I have my pack's respect and loyalty whereas you had to control them with fear?" I smirk and take a step back, allowing it to sink in.

He scoffs, turning to leave, "You tell me, did it hurt when she left you because she was afraid of you?" And with that, he leaves.

My smirk fell as soon as he said it. I know I shouldn't believe him, but it does seem a plausible reason. Her abuser was an Alpha. Did she fear me because of my title? Is she still afraid of me?

Small arms circle around my legs and I look down to see Midnight with tears in his eyes.

"What's up, Night?" I crouch down to be at his level. He sniffles and points to the bedroom.

"M-mel said th-that she doesn't w-want to play with me. Sh-she wants t-to play with Lucas." I frown at this, knowing how close they were in France, but ever since we returned, Melody and Lucas have been inseperable.

"What's going on? What's wrong, Baby?" Midnight runs up to Blaze and reaches for her to pick him up. She walks over to where I'm sat on the floor before placing him onto my lap. She sits down beside me and leans against my shoulder, inhaling my scent.

"I'm alone, Mommy." Night dries his tears, obviously trying to be strong in front of Blaze.

"No, you have us." She smiles at him and he giggles as she starts poking his sides to get a smile from him.