~20~

I am so nervous.

I really don't even know why. I have shaven and showered... Twice. I'm dressed well and everything is set up how I know Blaze would like it.

I suppose the only thing keeping me from relaxing is the memory of what happened over four years ago, when the first attempt at this ceremony ended up with Blaze gone along with my sister and her mate.

"Noah, chill. Blaze is just as nervous as you are. Get a grip." Oh, how I love the sound of my sister's voice.

"Easier said than done, Carly. You're Luna Ceremony was probably amazing." I huff as the tie seems to grow tighter around my neck. I can feel my artery pulsing and the slickness of my palms are practically drenching these slacks.

"No, I actually had nervous diarrhoea before going up to meet Nathan and he basically stuttered through his whole speech. Our pack is pretty small though, so that cut the edge off." My face twists in disgust at her confession.

"That's just gross. Why would you even share that with me? Werewolves can't even have diarrhoea." Incredulity laces my voice as I stare down at her, watching as she starts to adjust my tie for the third time because I keep ruining it.

"Mostly because you look like you're going to puke, but otherwise I guess I just want to put you at ease and let you know these ceremonies are nerve-wracking."

After Carly's utterly useless, but appreciated pep-talk, I exit my study and walk to the double glass doors that lead to the training field that's trimmed and prepped for today. I triple checked every single detail, making sure all will be to my mate's liking. I know Blaze doesn't always expect much and she's always fine with anything that's given to her, but I want her to live a life of utmost luxury from now on.

I have prepared the surprise for after the ceremony and I suppose that's what I mostly worry about.

"Noah, get over here." I look up at Aaron wildly gesturing at me to stand on the mini stage the builders set up earlier today.

"The girls are on their way and Blaze is right behind them." This must be how people feel on their wedding day. How are you supposed to be joyful when you're this nervous?

My jagged breaths fan my hair that keeps falling in front of my eyes, after I have gelled it twice.

"Goddess, Noah, I can smell the stench of your sweat from here." Aaron mutter under his breath from the bottom of the stage where he is waiting to help up Blaze. My nose crinkles and I resist the urge to openly sniff my armpits, but I know I sprayed deodorant that reassured me it lasts for 48 hours. I only need it to last two before I can go take a shower again.

"Shut up, Aaron, or I'll tell Julie about that time you dropped Luke." I whisper back and I can see the grin on his face falter.

I suck in a shaky breath as Blaze steps onto the stage and moves to hide behind my shoulder. Most would think she's just being affectionate, but I know she's overwhelmed with all this attention on her. At once, all of my worries and nerves melt away, because she's here, clingling onto my arm and the heat radiating from her reassures me that she's real.

"How has this day been for you?" I mutter into my shoulder so she can hear over the loud chatter from the enormous crowd.

"Honestly? I just want to get it over with. I'm yours either way, Noah." I feel a grin split my face and I turn to encase her in my arms.

"But this way I can insure nobody steals you from me at meetings. Mateless Alpha's are very... Promiscuous. They prey on innocent beauties such as yourself if you don't have your soulmate's name." The crowd settles down as I turn around, face stoic and posture commanding.

"My lovely mate doesn't feel entirely comfortable with being the center of attention, so we'll keep this as short as possible." The crowd murmurs in agreement and immediately silence.

I tug her to stand in front of me, half covering her from the pack, so as to calm her nerves.

"When we met it was admittedly the worst scenario to be in. I was having a fling and you were a rogue, and it pains me to bring back those days, but we wouldn't have been able to stay so strong without all those obstacles strengthening us at the start of our rather bumpy ride. I love you, Blaze and I am proud to call you my Luna." I take her palm in my hand and lightly nip it before allowing her to nip mine. I clasp her hand with mine and let the wounds heal together, the magnetic pull to her feeling even stronger.

She looks down at our joined hands and I sense she's about to cry, so I pull her a little closer.

"I wouldn't have it any other way, Noah. I am so lucky to have found you when I did, though the circumstances were extreme. I just hope I can be enough for the years to come and that we never drift apart." She squeezes ny hand, but doesn't let go.

"I love you, so much and I am proud to call you my Alpha." She grins up at me through her tears. I lean down and kiss her tears away, drawing her closer to my chest. In this moment, I don't care about the hundreds of people surrounding us or the fact that Aiden is trying to keep his sobbing at bay while Aaron holds Julie to his chest as she sniffles. I don't care that Carly is taking hundreds of pictures of everyone else apart from Blaze and I, because I've already commited this moment to memory. Her eyes, the curve of her mouth, the redness of her nose, the trademark rosy tint brushed on her cheeks; My soulmate in this very moment is the definition of flawless and I could only hope to be good enough for her.

"To the Luna!" Someone hollers, probably Phillip, and the pack echoes him. I look up at my pack and pull Blaze to my side.

"This is ours. They are our pack and you are mine. I couldn't ask for much more, only that this will never fade." The words are a whisper, but Blaze tightens her grip as an indication that she heard.

I couldn't ask for any one else to be my mate and I couldn't ask for a better group of people to lead.

These are our people and this is our family.