~7~

"Noah, no, no, ahhh, put me down! No, please!" I chuckle and gently lower her from my shoulder. I keep my arms snaked around her waist, securing her against me. Her chest expands as she takes a deep breath and I know Blaze wants what I want. Her eyes staring at my lips could have also been a give away.

Lowering my head, I slightly release my hold to move one hand up to brush her hair that fell into her face. I gently bite down onto her lower lip, as her luscious lips are parted with the rapid exhales escaping her in small gasps. She moans quietly and moves her hands from my shoulders into my hair. I groan as she pulls at the hair at my nape and slowly dip her to deepen the kiss.

"No! Stop, don't eat Mommy!" I feel tiny fists pummeling my legs and I stand up straight. I glance down and grin at my two little pups scowling at me.

Midnight huffs and pouts at me whilst Melody's scowl slowly morphs into a grin as she blinks up at me. I hold onto Blaze and we walk back to the shade patch where the grass has grown tall enough for it to be soft to sit on. I release her to lie down flat on my back and barely five seconds pass before Melody is strewn onto my torso, running her tiny fingers over my five o'clock shadow. I pretend to bite her fingers and she squeals before pulling it away.

"No! Bad doggy." I stick my tongue out at her and she giggles. She wriggles up my chest and lays her head in my neck. I softly stroke her back and I notice her breathing slow and become heavier. My little Angel fell asleep. Midnight comes and lies down next me, grabbing onto my arm, as if it were a teddy bear.

"You're so good with them." Blaze murmurs next to me as she lays down onto her back, closer than I thought she would want to be after our kiss. I mean, she does have a boyfriend, but I love her and she is and always will be my mate. I feel no guilt for kissing her. Her new boyfriend can piss off for all I care.

The thoughts clouding my mind start tightening my chest and I realize that I do feel guilty. I'm ruining Blaze's newfound happiness for my own selfish reasons. Her new boyfriend isn't me, I suppose that's a good thing. I never treated her the way she deserved and I messed up completely. She has a chance to be happy, and it sucks that it's without me. I redirect my thoughts, trying to rid myself of this feeling eating at me.

Since Blaze left, I trained harder, so my body gain elevated. I know Blaze doesn't care about physical attributes and all, but I would like for her to at least acknowledge my bulging muscles. I did it all because of and for her. I wanted to prove to her that I am able to protect her. And now our pups as well.

Oh, goddess, I'm developing the personality of Narcissus.

"I'm sorry I told you that I'd never want children. I shouldn't have said something like that." I turn my head to look at her and notice she's close enough to touch noses. I rub my nose against hers and she scrunches hers up as a splash of crimson decorates her cheeks.

"You have a right to an opinion. Yours was that you don't want children and I was pregnant." I shake my head at her and carefully bring my hand up so as to hold hers.
She doesn't pull away, luckily. I feel my confidence grow and a sigh of relief escapes me. I briefly send a prayer of thanks to the Moon Goddess for gifting me with such a forgiving, patient mate.

"I wanted children- I want children. I was just scared that I wouldn't be good enough. I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to protect them. I guess someone else already manned up and replaced me. I understand though, I was stupid." I mutter and look up into the tree. The leaves are so dense, only thin streaks of sunlight are able to penetrate.

"Is that why you look like Vin Diesel? Noah, you didn't have to be afraid. I was terrified. We could have spoken about it and worked on it. And as for replacing you, nobody ever could. And I may have a confession." I glance at her and the hand on her stomach and realization dawned on me.