~18~

It clicks when I notice the fact that she struggles to touch physical things.

"You're not really alive are you?" I glare at the smirk on Veronica's pale face, realising how moronic I've been. It was right before my eyes all this time. That necklace might be some kind of talisman keeping her grounded here, in the supernatural realm instead of with the Moon Goddess, or wherever she would've ended up for her sins.

"Aww, I'm kind of ashamed that it took you so long to figure out. You used to be so quick-witted and sharp. What happened? Does stupid really spread like an STD?" She cackles and practically floats closer towards my mother and I. I pull my mother behind me, trying to protect her from whatever being is approaching us right now.

"Olivia, it has been such a long time since I have seen you. A shame really, you haven't been filled in on your son's actions ever since you left." Her smirk twists into a sneer as she picks up a fountain pen.
"Well, he played with my emotions, never really making what we had official, though I did have a lot of Luna benefits." She winks at me and I growl, trying to move towards her, but blacks smoke wraps around my torso and cocoons me in wisps of sharp grey shards. The more I struggle, the tighter it gets and the less I can breathe. What the hell is happening? It must be a witch because no healer is able to do this.

"Oh, Noah, haven't you found the answer yet? That would probably be my fault since I kind of hid the book in the pile of journals you've already deemed useless. You see, when a werewolf with witch ancestry dies, the witches tend to help them become what they were destined to be if it weren't for a mutt tainting the bloodline and since my mother was one of the Original Six, they felt I needed to be resurrected, to continue her legacy you so eagerly destroyed after slaughtering her."

"So, you're here because of these dead witches who are trying to resurrect you for their own gain. And what is the Original Six?" I try to move again, but the difficulty breathing stops me from continuing my escape plan. I'll have to wait for these to loosen somehow.

"Yes, they said they needed a vessel for me to reside in, a supernatural vessel at that and it doesn't necessarily need it to be a witch or a healer. See, when werewolves shift, it takes magic. The magic it takes could easily be manipulated to do anything else magical if a strong witch were involved. I thought it would be a good idea to not torture you entirely, since I'm so generous and benevolent." A sadistic grin stretches her blue lips, causing the skin on her cheeks to wrinkle and almost crack.

"What do you mean?" I notice the shards retracting from my legs, allowing me to heal a little. She's weakening.

"I've decided since you're so... In love with that runt, I might as well just use her body. Her soul will be lost the second I inhabit her body, taking my place in the Netherrealms where Azreal is waiting to torture her for my crimes." My eyes widen as I hear a shriek coming from outside.

"Clifton has Blaze, Noah." I growl at the mention of my father, whom I know would kill Blaze without a second thought to take my happiness away.

"Aww, already? But I wasn't finished explaining." An idea sparks in my mind and I thank the Moon Goddess for making Veronica a selfish, vindictive bitch.

"So, you're just going to let him spoil your fun so that he can enjoy his own? Huh, that's not the Veronica I remember, the one who I found incredibly attractive because she took what she wanted and didn't let anyone keep her from getting her way. A woman who was determined. Now look at you, cutting your torturing short so that he can do what he pleases." I force a chuckle from my throat and I move to hold my mother's hand behind my back to try and reassure her that what I'm about to say was far from true.

The cherry on top of the cake: Veronica is obsessed with me,

"A true shame too, I was getting kind of turned on by the fact that you're trying so hard to be with me. It's sexy." I do a once over, suppressing the disgusted shiver desperately wanting to take over my body. That felt so wrong to say.