Why me?

You were speechless, why would Zach do that?. You look around the room and everyone had their eyes on you. The guy got up and said "this is not over yet" and walked away. You brushed it off. You kept thinking about Zach, maybe he is good on the inside.
Alice: "im so sorry for what just happened y/n, you can take a day off if you want, or i can change your patient.." she said mumbling. Change patient? What did Zach do wrong? You asked yourself.
"No.. no, it's all right.." you said.
"Ok, but we are really sorry for the accident" she said.
"Its ok, its not your fault" you replied. Alice handed you a box.
"this is a spare key of Zach's room, please take care in there" she said.
"Thank you Alice, see you at 2"(You get out of work at 2pm). You walk away from the front desk and make your way through the quiet hallway as you  reach the famous metal door. Half way through the hallway you start hearing loud noises. You walk faster until you get to Zach's room. The noises were coming from there. You put your key in the door, and slowly open it. You find Zach punching the wall again. "Hey don't do that, you're going to hurt yourself!" You told him. "So?, its not like someone cares" he said looking down. "Well i do, you just saved me from a rapist!" You responded.
Z: "so you just care because i did that, what if I would've never done that?, you wouldn't give a shit"
Y: "no!, i care about you Zach, look how you left your hands!"
His knuckles were bleeding from how hard he hit the wall. You get closer to him, you still haven't made any eye contact. You stand right in front of him and took his hand to see how bad the injury was. He didn't say anything, he kind of pulled back a little when you took his hand.
"Omg Zach! Let me help you with that!" You say as you walk towards a small container on the wall, you open it and take out some bandages and alcohol. You close the container and you walk towards Zach.
Y: "take a seat, im going to put some alcohol and bandages in your hands"
Zach didn't say anything and sat down on his bed , still looking at the floor. You sit down next to him and took one of his hands.
Y: "this might hurt a little" you say, and he nods his head. You pour alcohol little by little. His arms getting tense every time you poured more.
Y: " ok, now im just going to wrap some bandages on your hands and we are done"
As you take out the bandages you felt Zach look up, you look up as well, and you made eye contact for the first time today. You look into his radiant brown eyes as he stare at yours. His long brown eyelashes, and his cute freckles made everything better. You gave him a warm smile to break the weirdness. He didn't smile back, as usual. He looked down again and finally spoke. "Thank you" he said softly.
Y: " I should be the one thanking you"
Z: "why?" He said looking up.
You couldn't help but look at his eyes, they were beautiful.
Y: " for defending me..."
Z: "yeah, its no problem..."
Y: "why did you do it Zach? You could've gotten in trouble for that"
Z: "nobody touches a women like that... and most important if that girl it's you" he said looking into your eyes, his eyes were red. You were surprised by his comment.
Y: "me?" You asked confused
Z: "you are the only one that has ever tried talking to me, the only one that came back after my stupid actions, the only one that cares..."