im bad at titles

Hello, thank you for reading my trash, this is a random dabble based on a dream I had also the other oneshot that I'm working on, now 22,000+ words is near completion

3rd person pov
Lance waited eagerly for the music to start. This was it. This was the ceremony to find his soulmate. Every year, everyone of the age of seventeen (let's just pretend that Keith is still seventeen too lol) was rounded up, dressed up and set up to find their soulmate.

Lance's pov
The participants would stand until the music started. Then they danced. They were supposedly supposed to end up with their soulmates when the music ended. I, lanky Cuban boy tugged both nervously and excitedly on my tie. I had seen his older siblings, cousins and relatives emerge from the hall, hand in hand with their new love. So far, the dance never failed to match the couples perfectly.

The first note rang through the air. I stepped forward, beginning to dance just as everyone else in the room did so too. I look right across from me to see him. Keith Kogane. He was always a step ahead of me. Always just a second faster, always a bit farther. Well not today. I hoped, dreamed, prayed (ayye heathers) that this song would just realize "Hey Lance is super amazing and he deserves the best soulmate in the world, so why not give him the best soulmate in the world" and I'd walk out, hand in hand with the best person in the world (besides me) and leave Keith in the past.

We move around the hall, next person to next. A girl with pretty light brown hair and bright green eyes is a few spots away from being twirled into my arms. Maybe she'll be my soulmate. She probably has a nice laugh, and loves puppies. I hope she's my soulmate. Eventually the gorgeous girl is in my arms. And then she's not. The music continues, and the beat signals the exchange of partners again.

She's gone, she's not my soulmate. Then who is? I don't really feel attracted to anyone else. No one special. Until he catches my eye again. He's only two spots away. His black hair looks soft and shiny, and it's held back with a red ribbon. His stormy indigo eyes dart around, almost scared. His pale skin has a faint pink blush staining it. We pass partners again.

I don't even know who I'm dancing with anymore, though I try to will the music to stop. He's only one pass away, and if the music keeps going, he'll be my partner. The notes keep floating through the air. Whoever I was dancing with spins out of my grasp and. There. He. Is.

He lifts his arms to rest on my shoulders and my hands settle on his waist. Now, I'm trying to tell myself "No! You don't want this! Keep going, music, he's not my soulmate!" But I can't. All I can see are the two small freckles below his right eye, the few strands of hair falling in his face. The way he not-so-discreetly bites his bottem lip in an anxious manner. The song beats in my ears, signaling it's almost time to pass partners again. As much as I hate to admit one.) He's really beautiful, and two.) He won't be my soulmate for all eternity.

I mentally prepare myself to let go of this beautiful boy.

The music stops.

Some people, including myself, look around. Did something go wrong? Why did the music stop? Oh. Oh. The music stopped. I stare to see if he's still there.

He is.

A quiet chatter crescendos out of the silence. Brown hair green eyes girl happily holds hands with a shorter girl with blue dyed hair. "Hey.." Keith speaks. I look at this boy. This absolutely gorgeous and wonderful boy. "He's mine. My soulmate and nobody else's." Is all that goes through my mind. I feel my face split into an ear to ear grin.

"Hi. The name's Lance."

Hey I know that was really crappy but I wanted to update. Super cheesy and cliche but it's been in my mind forever so.. thanks for reading the garbage. Also I'm really unoriginal so I need ideas and where else is a better place to get them then my nonsense dreams. No srsly I need ideas