pt.2 of: im still really bad at titles

(It's part two cuz I wanna add to it oof it's my birthday in a few days and then school starts a few days after..)

..Both boys grinned ear to ear.

A lump in Lance's throat fought to surface, but he fought back, pushing it down. He felt giddy, like he was on some sort of drug that made his body buzz and he couldn't help but bounce in excitement.

"You are the most beautiful person I've ever seen." He'd told Keith. His boyfriend had laughed.

"Lance, I'm like the only person you've ever seen."

But he had meant it. And he'd say it again and again, until all his teeth fell out and he'd have to get dentures but then he'd say it again.

But now, he was at a loss for words. He gazed in awe as the hospital doors wooshed open and he saw the world for the first time in his life. Again. The air was warm but perfect. Cool breezes fluttered by and rustled the leaves of trees surrounding the parking lot gently. He gasped as he looked up. A pale blue sky held fluffy clouds that drifted lazily about, leading to a horizon the was just starting to show glimmers of peach.

Beside him, Keith giggled amusedly at Lance's awestruck expression. "Keith, it's beautiful." He whispered. His boyfriend tugged on his hand, pulling him towards a row of cars. "Just wait till you see the beach. And we can drive through the back roads, so you can see the forest. It looks better than a parking lot."

Lance's brain spun as he tried to absorb everything. He scrambled to name the color of everything they passed. Keith had pointed to things in the halls of the hospital, and saying what color it was. It was a lot to take in, but he wanted to know everything.

They stopped in front of a sleek red car with black wheels and a little sticker that had several colours on it. Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple and pink. Keith led Lance to one side and opened the door, to reveal the seat Lance had sat in many times, but it felt special, knowing he could tell the seat was black.

"Your seat, your majesty." Keith slipped into a posh accent. Lance grinned and slid into the car. Keith handed him his seatbelt and shut the door. Lance watched as Keith walked around the front of the car and opened his own door. He bounced on the squishy leather and drummed his fingers on his thighs when the vehicle revved to life.

The formerly blind boy was utterly fascinated watching everything zoom by the window.

"Oh my gosh.." Lance murmured as they drove down a winding rode under a tunnel of tree branches hanging overhead.

"S'pretty, isn't it?" Keith chuckled.

Lance was unable to respond, his eyes still glued to anything beyond the window. They continued, twisting and turning until they reached the main road again.

The late summer sun was barely dipping below the horizon as Keith pulled into another parking lot.

"Here we are." Keith pulled out the key. "The beach."

It was all Lance could do to not let his jaw literally drop from the rest of his skull to the ground.

From where they were, Lance could see the sand, which glowed gold under the orangey haze of the sky. Gentle waves crashed against the coast, turning a deep, sparkling blue to frothy white bubbles. The sun glimmered on the rippling water, plunging a bit farther below the horizon, which had come to be streaked with hues of purple, magenta, peach and orange.

As quickly as he could, he fiddled out of his seatbelt and out of the car.

Lance's head whipped around, his eyes roaming over everything they could. He had always imagined the beach, one of his most favorite places in the world to be pretty. But this. This was spectacular.

The sound of a door slamming shut was barely enough to snap him out of his trance. He turned to see his boyfriend holding a blanket and basket. Keith strode over to him and linked their hands and pulled him towards the sandy shores.

"It's even better up close." He said, smiling.

Lance happily walked side by side with Keith until he could hear the soft crunch of sand under his shoes. As Keith laid out the blanket, the tan boy hastily squirmed his feet out of his socks and sneakers. He watched as his toes dug into the sand. A pair of hands wrapped gently around his bicep.

"Do you like it?" Keith asked.

Lance felt like his face would fall off if he didn't tone down his smile a bit. So he grinned wider.

"I love it."

The two boys spent the evening walking along the shoreline, splashing water at each other and munching on snacks Keith had brought. They were now laying on their backs on the blanket, gazing up at the sky, fingers tangled together between them.

"Lance, look."

Keith held up his free hand and pointed to the stars appearing in dusky sky. Lance's heart thumped. It looked just like Keith's eyes.

He listened to his boyfriend point out constellations and certain stars. A pleasant feeling had settled over him and filled him from the very tips of his toes to the ends of his hair.

~end

woAh that was bad. I don't like the ending and had a hard time getting it to be how I wanted. Also this story IS NOT A PROMOTION TO LIKE GET AN EYE PROCEDURE DONE OR SOMETHING JUST A DISCLAIMER THAT I SHOULD HAVE PUT BEFORE k thanks bye