i stole this idea from 83 different places

(Yall ready for some cringe)

~~~

Keith had never been very vocal, unless it was giving commands or doing whatever some big important Mamora guy would do.

But besides that, he seemed to save words for special occasions. He was reserved and fairly quiet, only speaking when he felt necessary.

Lance was quite the opposite. He could talk a mile a minute and would do so at any time it was okay to talk. Which isn't a bad thing, he just has a lot to say.

This was how it remained.

Once again, not a bad thing.

So, once they had gotten together, Lance was still the one doing most of the talking. Not that Keith minded. He liked listening to his boyfriend talk.

But then it got to the more.. meaningful.. words.

Keith says "I love you" back, without hesitation. But it's quiet, and he squirms a bit. It gets better as time goes on, but Lance can't help but feel a little dejected after a while of Keith's sensitivity to the words.

Until he wakes up one night.

It's warm and a beachy breeze rustles the curtains softly as they lay in bed. Lance lays shirtless on his back, the familiar soft weight of Keith's head resting just below his collarbone.

He doesn't open his eyes, but he knows Keith is awake. Gently, a single finger gingerly makes contact with the skin just below his naval. It glides lightly over his stomach and over the scars decorating it. It goes in some sort if pattern Lance can't recognize. A few moments later, the finger halts at his collarbone.

And is soon placed again just below his naval, retracing the pattern from before.

Keith repeats this process over and over, as Lance tries to make sense of it.

"Letters? Words?" He thinks. It's the most logical thing.

But what words?

The first letter started again, and Lance concentrated on it. A straight line almost from hip to hip, and then two lines on the top and bottom of it. Then the next letter started. Though in his sleep ridden state, it made his mind wander and fizzle out, back to sleep.

He didn't bring it up in the morning, only gratefully melting back into Keith's embrace from behind as Lance cooked eggs.

He didn't bring it up as Keith quietly mumbled "I love you too." in his ear.

He didn't bring it up as they both settled into bed, eventually tangling up in each other.

But just as Lance began to drift off, the single finger began to drag the same pattern as the night before. And this time, he figured it out.

He didn't tell Keith, no, not yet. He let the other trace the same words on to his body night after night.  There were times when he was tempted to tell Keith that he knew.  But he wanted to wait. Why? He wasn't quite sure. 

But there came a night, one of the last ones of summer,  with a warm breeze ruffling through the curtains again,  everything was nearly the same as the first time Lance noticed the message. Except now there were a few new rings on fingers.

So Lance let himself drift nearly to sleep, but stayed just barely awake. Soon enough, there it was.  The one finger, and the same message.

This time though, rolled over sleepily, pressed a kiss to his husband's head and whispered,

"I love you too, Keith."

~~~

(So how was that? Pretty short, yea but fluffy uwu. Also someone asked me my opinions on ships is that something yall would actually want to see or just that one person??¿?)