This Freaking Sucks

(Keep in mind I'm tired and stressed as all heck while writing this so its uhhhhh *glances at story* pretty bad)

"Aw, sick!" Lance pumped his fist into the air.

The cast list for the school musical, "Voltron", a story of war and love had just been posted on the bulletin board.

And he'd gotten the part he wanted, Leandro, the super cool, suave, loverboy who, the director didn't say who at auditions, but had an apparently amazing love story within the rest of the performance.

Lance couldn't wait to find out what lucky lady would have the pleasure of falling in love with him.

His eyes scanned the rest of the list, and landed on a particular name.

AKIRA --- KEITH KOGANE

Lance scoffed. Akira? What kind of name was that? Well, if it was played by Keith of all people, the part couldn't be all that great.

The Cuban boy turned on his heel, needing to get to his next class, forgetting about Keith.

"Alright, actors, actresses! You are all here because the cast list was posted yesterday, meaning you are now part of this production and I expect your best out of all of you!" Mr. Wimbleton Smythe announced on the stage as Lance's peers and fellow actors sat in the seats around him.

"You will receive your scripts shortly, but not before a few bonding exercises!"

A few quiet groans emitted from some of the kids around him.

"If I hear any noise like that again, I will not hesitate to cut you from this production, now line up, and you will be sorted into pairs." Mr. Wimbleton Smythe's cheery tone and mustache twirling didn't seem to match the menacing words, though no one dared to defy them as they filed onstage.

".. and Keith and Axca! Off to the side, over there." The red headed director called.

A girl with blue dyed hair sulked off downstage, following Keith, whose (not that Lance cared nor thought about) mullet tied in a ponytail swished as he walked.

"Ugh, of course I get paired with the creep." She whined to herself.

"Well then, Acxa, if you're going to have that attitude, please take your things and leave. I will be giving your part to Shay Balmera. I will not tolerate that attitude, towards myself, your peers, or in general." Mr. Wimbleton Smythe spoke and pointed to the exit.

"Uh! But- what! You can't do that!" She sputtered.

"I can, and did, now please leave my theater. Bye bye now."

(This is all based off experiences I've had/ seen I s w e a r)

Acxa stormed offstage and the director turned back around.

"Lance! With Keith!"

Lance practically cried, but it was internal, after all, he could be next if he acted out of line.

He gracefully walked over and planted himself in front of his fellow actor.

"Hi." Keith stuck out his hand for Lance to shake.

"Hey." Despite this guy being his rival because of him always getting just a little bit better score on everything, being just being a little above, Lance shook his hand firmly, not wanting to even hint to Mr. Wimbleton Smythe that he was a sore sport.

"So, you're Akira? I saw on the cast list."

"Hm? Oh, yeah. I'm Akira. What about you?"

"Well, I got Leandro, and I don't know which of these lucky ladies gets to fall in love with me, but I've heard my character gets quite the romance." He boasted slightly, stroking his chin.