Birds

"Look at that." Kayla chuckled, frying up some eggs for breakfast as Sam fed Tony his scrambled eggs. "Such a good Pa, right Papa Bruce?"

"Hush, you." Sam didn't take his eyes off Tony, prodding the spoon into the boy's mouth. "You're being a bad example."

"Brucie, am I a bad example?" The girl pouted, addressing the scientist who was in charge of toast duty for breakfast. They were waiting on Steve and Bucky who were showering after their morning run.

"Yes. Sorry." Bruce apologized, abandoning the toaster to hug her from behind. "You're teaching him it's okay to sass."

"How rude." She leaned back against him though, looking pleased as punch while she set Sam's eggs on his plate and added sausage and toast. "Bring this to Pa please."

"Will do." Bruce kissed her temple and took the plate, setting it in front of Sam who was letting Tony feed himself for a bit.

"No, Papa." Tony wailed as Bruce took his fork away once it had become apparent that Tony was more making a mess than feeding himself.

"He's gonna need a bath." Steve kissed the side of Kayla's head before accepting the plate as Bucky made his way over to her.

"I know." She tilted her head back against Bucky's shoulder as he stood behind her. He pressed his mouth to the bond mark on her neck and she nearly went limp, mewling quietly at the pleasurable sensation.

"Not in front of Tony." Steve scolded, eating his breakfast happily as he watched his family. "I'll be home this afternoon by the way. I have to go do some paperwork with Phil. Love you, Honey." Steve kissed her cheek and left after kissing Tony on the forehead.

"What are you guys up to?" Kayla questioned Bucky, Sam and Bruce who were eating breakfast.

"Training." Bucky was finishing his second plate of eggs. "Then I'll be back."

"I have group meeting today at the VA til 4." Sam explained, putting his plate in the sink and washing it. "I need to go get dressed then I'll be off."

"Nothing really." Bruce smiled fondly at the omega before continuing to eat his breakfast while Tony ate some apple slices. "I'll probably just spend the day with you and Tony."

"Can't wait." She sat with her own breakfast, eating scrambled eggs covered in cheese and sipping coffee. "The lazy days are the best ones."

"Yeah they are. Calm and peaceful. Knock on wood." Bruce wrapped his knuckles on the table. "You feeling okay? Your scent is a bit off and you're pretty pale."

"No sick, Mama." Tony frowned, reaching for her. He didn't want his new mother to be sick like his old one had been sometimes.

"Just a bit nauseous and tired is all. I didn't sleep well last night." She smiled tiredly at them, finishing her breakfast.

"I got that. Go lay down." Bruce ordered gently, taking the plate and cup from her. "Tony, do you wanna do some experiments?"

"Be okay, Mama. Pease." Tony pleaded, clinging to her shirt as she leaned over to hug him.

"Mama will be just fine. She just needs a nap. This is why you should take your naps. So you stay healthy." Kayla used it as a brief teaching moment, nuzzling Tony's hair and soothing him with a promise of good health from her nap before heading to the big bedroom.